Mariners announce they've acquired Robert Andino

Greg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch says DD says Robinson is not instead of McClouth:

OK yep. This debunks my reading into the whole "gone" statement. It's very tempting to read into things when there isn't a lot going on..

If we sign McLouth, do we think that means no Hamilton? I don't think Nate would be signing on to be a 4th OF..

Retaining McLouth makes a lot of sense, but I'm wondering if his performance last season will have teams with money to spare offering some multi-year deal.

I like McLouth, but I desperately want this team to get better on the whole. That may, or may not include getting a new LFer. It could mean bringing him back but seriously upgrading DH or 1B. I just don't know what those pieces might be just yet.

TRob appears to have the right 'tude. And we have had some good luck with young CAL outfielders from the Mariners

The Mariners fans would have to hate us forever if this kid became anything close to Jones. If everyone remembers, Jones wasnt really getting any playing time before he was traded here. He took a couple of years to develop with regular play. I see TRob as a Pie type guy. Raw with ability, but who knows if that ever amounts to anything.

It's not hard to replace what Chavez provided last year. This guy is not adequate to replace McLouth, but I'm sure Dan knows that.

"McLouth is a possibility, but with the addition of Trayvon Robinson, we have a young outfielder, 25 years old, who may be able to help us as an extra outfielder. And if he learns to make better contact, he could be a solid player."

The Mariners fans would have to hate us forever if this kid became anything close to Jones. If everyone remembers, Jones wasnt really getting any playing time before he was traded here. He took a couple of years to develop with regular play. I see TRob as a Pie type guy. Raw with ability, but who knows if that ever amounts to anything.

Evidently, Trayvon carries a decent OPB and can steal a base. Felix never showed that.

“The addition of Robert Andino gives us some experienced infield depth with a player who has played multiple positions” GM Jack Zduriencik said. “With Robert having Major League and playoff experience and still relatively young, we thought that it made sense to make this trade and let him come in and compete.” -MLBTR

Reading about an Oriole player being desired for his playoff experience makes me smile.

Also:

The Mariners acquired Robinson in the three-team trade that sent Erik Bedard to Boston in 2011.

The trade that keeps on giving? It's like the six degrees of Erik Bedard here in Baltimore.

I like this trade. We were dead last in stolen bases, so I gotta imagine that he is probably the last guy off of our bench. With Roberts healthy (hopefully), Andino was gonna get squeezed out. Between Casilla and Robinson this gives us some speed off the becnh late in games which we flat out didnt have this year. We were dead last in stolen bases in the ML last year

Archived