Duquette on Sirius XM Today

Os84

I have limited belief in the long term therapeutic effects of the "Blood Spinning" voodoo. Unless it is done in Europe. Or maybe Canada.

Except that it does work, because you are coming up with a higher concentration of growth hormone and using it to speed up recovery time. The blood spinning concentrates these growth hormones, so essentially you are putting a natural HGH on the area. This is anabolic, which means it promotes growth, that is why the healing time can be up to 5 times faster. I would imagine that over the long term this cannot be sustained, see Barry Bonds knees, but it does help by spending less time on the DL or faster recovery from day to day problems. The interesting thing about this is that the HGH is not synthetic, so it would be impossible to detect. The only tests right now are blood test that can tell the difference between natural and synthetic. I would imagine that somewhere, someone, will use this technoligy and develop a shot instead of a cream and artificially increase body wide HGH, that is if it isnt already happening.

Bit off subject, but fun stuff to think about none the less.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps, but cheap young pitching is valuable. You could play the odds and be right most of the time, but I had dismissing ideas without thorough consideration. That's for DD, not us of course, but if we think we can trade for a Billy Butler type than the difference could almost certainly be made up to expand to a Headley type of deal. That might not be worth it, but it is worth considering.
Headley is a GG 3B who puts up better O numbers than Butler, a DH. No comparison. You want Headley, you have to give up one of Bundy/Tillman/Hammel/Chen, and one of Arrieta, Matusz, Britton , plus ane of Avery/Schoop/Hoes.

Headley is a GG 3B who puts up better O numbers than Butler, a DH. No comparison. You want Headley, you have to give up one of Bundy/Tillman/Hammel/Chen, and one of Arrieta, Matusz, Britton , plus ane of Avery/Schoop/Hoes.

I would actually consider Chen, Arrieta, Avery/Hoes.

I certainly wouldn't go higher then that for two years of Headley. As a former super 2 it is not as if he will be particularly cheap.

I would actually consider Chen, Arrieta, Avery/Hoes.

I certainly wouldn't go higher then that for two years of Headley. As a former super 2 it is not as if he will be particularly cheap.

I don't think that would be enough. Chen, Tillman/Britton, and Hoes maybe.

Archived