Duquette on Sirius XM Today

Os84

No I dont think the Gomes contract was good. However, if we are to believe DD we shouldnt expect big moves? So, if McLouth is the guy they want in LF (seems to be) then whats holding it up? Are they negotiating a 200k difference in aski.g price? McLouth probaly could have been had for a 2/6 deal. Now, the price is higher because of Gomes. Dragging their feet on a minor move like McLouth, has probably pushed him out of their price range. Sure the winters not over, but nothing has given me a reason to believe this will be anything more then another winter of shopping at Ollies.

Are you serious dude? What do you know about their negotiations? Where did Duquette say a big deal isn't going to happen? He told teams he is looking for a LFer, 1B and a DH. He also said he was willing to deal young pitching for a MOO hitter. Maybe he is keeping his options open with both Reynolds and Mclouth to see which position he can fill via trade! The offseason is a long time yet, again, you have us at 82 wins and 5th place in the division already! Ridiculous!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious dude? What do you know about their negotiations? Where did Duquette say a big deal isn't going to happen? He told teams he is looking for a LFer, 1B and a DH. He also said he was willing to deal young pitching for a MOO hitter. Maybe he is keeping his options open with both Reynolds and Mclouth to see which position he can fill via trade! The offseason is a long time yet, again, you have us at 82 wins and 5th place in the division already! Ridiculous!

I think you believing the O's can duplucate 2012 by bringing in castoffs is rediculous too. To each their own.

Is the opposite side of that sweeping description the "I love penny-pinching so Angelos can get richer" crowd?

I mean to just group us all in the "spend the money" crowd because we don't celebrate solely dumpster diving would create an equally polarizing opposite reaction.

I like DD quite a bit but I think if he's saying he wants to only look for bargains it's because of constraints his "impoverished" owner has bestowed on him.

Must spread rep....

And do you really think guys like Matusz, Arrieta, Britton, or Johnson will bring a MOO?

I think you believing the O's can duplucate 2012 by bringing in castoffs is rediculous too. To each their own.

Why don't you show me where I said that? I said there are many ways to build a team and let it play out before you sick the dogs! So don't put words in my mouth! You are the one with the ridiculous leaps in logic as to why the O's haven't made any moves and equally ridiculous conclusions that we are instantly worse by 11 games and in 5th place!

Why don't you show me where I said that? I said there are many ways to build a team and let it play out before you sick the dogs! So don't put words in my mouth! You are the one with the ridiculous leaps in logic as to why the O's haven't made any moves and equally ridiculous conclusions that we are instantly worse by 11 games and in 5th place!

Like I said, believe what you want. Stop acting like I kicked your dog.

Until the Orioles make a top tier trade or sign a A free agent nobody is going to believe that they will. The Orioles havent made a move like this in 10 years.

Until the Orioles make a top tier trade or sign a A free agent nobody is going to believe that they will. The Orioles havent made a move like this in 10 years.

Yep. Its not like its a giant leap in logic, to assume the O's wont spend. I dont understand why we should think otherwise. If im proven wrong, ill never be so happy to eat crow.

There really isn't any contradiction on the Hamilton or Greinke front. Those who think there are are the ones who don't want to admit that they were wrong about thinking the O's will go after them.

DD is saying that he is not eliminating Hamilton or Greinke because if they sign for cheaper then expected then they could have interest. But he isn't going to pay big money for them. That is why he is saying that they aren't eliminated.

There really isn't any contradiction on the Hamilton or Greinke front. Those who think there are are the ones who don't want to admit that they were wrong about thinking the O's will go after them.

DD is saying that he is not eliminating Hamilton or Greinke because if they sign for cheaper then expected then they could have interest. But he isn't going to pay big money for them. That is why he is saying that they aren't eliminated.

I think most of us who want Hamilton, didnt assume the O's would go hard after him. Its the years of promises, that the money would be there when this team was ready. So, 93 wins and a plaoff berth isnt ready? Or is it the team wont admit that was all a lie? I dont know. But what I do know is its a joke, that this team continues to look for cost efficient ways to improve, instead of showing a real commitment to winning. And its an even bigger joke, for DD to basically say they wont do that unless players fall into their laps. Your right its not as much a contradiction, as it is an insult to Orioles fans.

I think most of us who want Hamilton, didnt assume the O's would go hard after him. Its the years of promises, that the money would be there when this team was ready. So, 93 wins and a plaoff berth isnt ready? Or is it the team wont admit that was all a lie? I dont know. But what I do know is its a joke, that this team continues to look for cost efficient ways to improve, instead of showing a real commitment to winning. And its an even bigger joke, for DD to basically say they wont do that unless players fall into their laps. Your right its not as much a contradiction, as it is an insult to Orioles fans.

Who said the money would be there when the team was ready?

Archived