Roch: O's trying to reach a deal with Reynolds

Frobby

Trade J. Johnson, Britton and Reimold for a Smoak type guy. Then sign Josh Hamilton for 5/100 for batting power and LF/DH.

We have internal options for closers.

We can also sign two TOR starters.

That would easily fix most, if not all, of the problems facing the Orioles.

BRob

Hardy

Markakis

Jones

Hamilton

Smoak

Weiters

Machado

DH

MSK

Smoak TYPE GUY? God I love the specifics here. So you would be willing to to plug Smoak in at first over Mark? Second, whatever it is you are smoking please share. You really think this team is going to increase payroll by 45-60 MILLION per year? If so you are delusional. 2 TOR starters are going to cost at minimum 15 million a year each plus another 20 mil for Hamilton, if you could get him at that price. Sorry but I see Boston going for Hamilton with a vengeance.

Who are your internal options for closer and please stop insulting me by throwing out names. Specifics please.

Also who are these 2 TOP OF THE ROTATION starters you are going to so easily sign.

After looking at your reply all I can say is thank god DD and Buck control the destiny of this team and not you.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JJ, Britton, & Reimold

For this?

Year   Age  Tm   G  PA  AB  R   H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB  SO   BA  OBP  SLG  OPS2011    24 SEA 123 489 427 38 100 24  0 15  55  0  0 55 105 .234 .323 .396 .7192012    25 SEA 132 535 483 49 105 14  0 19  51  1  0 49 111 .217 .290 .364 .654

:puke:

I agree, let Seattle keep Smoak. I would rather have Mark at first and Reimold in left. Keep JJ in the pen. Britton has shown enough and is young enough that I am not ready to give him up for a player like Smoak.

Trade J. Johnson, Britton and Reimold for a Smoak type guy. Then sign Josh Hamilton for 5/100 for batting power and LF/DH.

We have internal options for closers.

We can also sign two TOR starters.

That would easily fix most, if not all, of the problems facing the Orioles.

BRob

Hardy

Markakis

Jones

Hamilton

Smoak

Weiters

Machado

DH

MSK

Seattle needs offense, they have pitching. Why would they trade Smoak for a mediocre SP, a CL, when they all ready have one, and an injury prone defensively challenged OF. Also if Hamilton can be signed for 5/100M by the O's, you can bet someone else will offer a lot more. And where do you get the money to sign two TOR's? They re going to cost you close to 20M per along with Hamilton's 20 M +. You are increasing the payroll by 60M per before you take account of the expected 28M increase from arbitration. That puts the payroll in the neighborhood of 170 M. We aren't the Red Sox. :rolleyestf:

A full year of Nick Markakis will help, as will a full season of McLouth. Combine Betemit's .357 OBP vs RHP, with someone like Austin Kearns' .372 vs LHP, and you get a nice bump. Then look for Manny to improve his plate didcipline next year.

That someone like Austin Kearns could be Nolan Reimold, if he could ever stay healthy and in the lineup on a regular basis.

Shocking that MSK would make a stupid comment and then not come back to explain/defend it.

Yeah...its the sign that the offseason has truly begin.

Amazing how the trolls were nowhere to be found while this team was in the midst of our playoff run all summer long.

Archived