Roch: O's trying to reach a deal with Reynolds

Frobby

More or less every decision in baseball is made on a cost versus benefits basis.

That's my biggest pet peeve with the high dollar crowd - there's generally a lack of any kind of cost-benefit analysis. The attitude is usually "pay up or shut up" or "if you want to own a team, you should be willing to pay whatever this year's free agents want".

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on. You know nobody is calling them out because they want PA to spend. Everyone wants that. They get called out because they use all these strawmen arguments to make their points. Then you get MSK coming in with a trade proposal that makes us a lot worse, and shows he doesn't know what he's talking about. Then, he won't even explain it when asked. No, nobody gets called out because they want a higher payroll.

You and your opinions are always right and those you disagree with are always they are wrong Oh Divine One:rolleyes: Why post here at all ...Your obviously full of yourself.

Who in our division has upgraded at this point besides the Jays? The big Yankee news is they're about to bring back Pettite and Mo. Not saying they're scrubs, but it's not like they just added Cy Young to the roster. The Red Sox are not a threat at all, and the only way Tampa improves is by trading a pitcher.

Still early in the offseason. Still plenty of time for the RS and Yankees to improve. Right?

Orioles, too.

This. Frobby is right, "they" do have good points. And we all want to spend money. But it's gotta be right now and MAX dollars. Else...

Just wondering if you are PA's right hand man?

That's why they're annoying and get blasted.

I did explain it.

Geesh.

MSK

Show me where you answered any of my questions. Smoak? Yeah right! BTW I also would like to see the O's sign Hamilton but not at a crazy contract. I want to see the team increase their spending but I want it done using intelligence. Not just throwing insane amounts of money at the flavor (FA ) of the off season.

Come on. You know nobody is calling them out because they want PA to spend. Everyone wants that. They get called out because they use all these strawmen arguments to make their points. Then you get MSK coming in with a trade proposal that makes us a lot worse, and shows he doesn't know what he's talking about. Then, he won't even explain it when asked. No, nobody gets called out because they want a higher payroll.

....and we have a winner. I'm not sure why Frobby is rationalizing this behavior now when pretty eloquently beat them down in another thread.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when its the same tired beating of the drum over and over, then people are JUST as entitled to call them out on it.

The fact is, even without emptying the checkbook for free agents that 9 times out of ten do not live up to the ridiculous contracts, we STILL were able to make the playoffs and were, as someone else said, 2 bad JJ appearances away from being in the ALCS, where worst case, we would have fared better than the $200 million team loaded with "premium talent."

I'm happy last year happened. But how soon the previous decade gets whiped out. Who's to say a premium FA like Matt Holliday, wouldn't have made a difference for us? But, we weren't even close to condending 2 years ago, to take on a risk like Holliday. Nobody is calling for a $200M payroll. But is it unreasonable to want ONE guy, who can hit for a high average, with power, and get on base? I know, I know, we can get that production, for far less money, if we platoon Reimold, Davis, and McLouth.

I'll say it again. Josh Hamilton at 4 yrs with an option is worth 22-24 million a year and the Orioles have the room to spend it. They won't.

I still think he changes the entire lineup for the better and you've

got a Moo bat. I'm also for Sanchez as a FA pitcher. Neither will happen. I can dream however.

Watch out Roy, your getting close to "Troll" territory ;)

Who in our division has upgraded at this point besides the Jays? The big Yankee news is they're about to bring back Pettite and Mo. Not saying they're scrubs, but it's not like they just added Cy Young to the roster. The Red Sox are not a threat at all, and the only way Tampa improves is by trading a pitcher.
Still early in the offseason. Still plenty of time for the RS and Yankees to improve. Right?

The Blue Jays are already much improved, and the Yankees will be in the near future. They will find ways to get better because they are the Yankees and they always do. Even if the Rays make no major moves, they will likely be better as well since Longoria should be 100% healthy. And I wouldn't count the Red Sox out either- if they sign Hamilton and/or their pitching bounces back, they will be right there as well.

2013 should be a wild ride.

Archived