Roch: O's trying to reach a deal with Reynolds

Frobby

The Blue Jays are already much improved, and the Yankees will be in the near future. They will find ways to get better because they are the Yankees and they always do. Even if the Rays make no major moves, they will likely be better as well since Longoria should be 100% healthy. And I wouldn't count the Red Sox out either- if they sign Hamilton and/or their pitching bounces back, they will be right there as well.

2013 should be a wild ride.

You are correct. That is why the O's could just as easily drop back to last in this division. 78-82 wins, could very well have you in 5th place in the AL East in 2013.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are correct. That is why the O's could just as easily drop back to last in this division. 78-82 wins, could very well have you in 5th place in the AL East in 2013.

Please tell me what you see in the Red Sox that makes you think they could finish over .500 next season. They are lucky that the Dodger saved them from the Crawford deal. They look like a prime candidate to have a decent length swoon in the standings.

Disinterested ownership- Check

Questionable front office- Check

Questionable manager- Check

Questionable signings- Check

Underpowered ML Roster- Check

Highly demanding fanbase- Check

I don't disagree. At the same time, posters continually pontificating in every thread about adding 30 mil in payroll for premiun Free Agents (when we know they won't do it) doesn't really much matter.

Here's my point, and then I think we should get this thread back on topic...

The Orioles and Peter Angelos have never been a big spending team, like, ever. ***** and moan all you want, it ain't gonna happen, so dwell on the negative, or look to the positive. I'll choose to take my playoff season and look forward to positive things.

And my second point is....for every "premium talent" that someone names that has been worth his price tag, I'll name you ten who weren't. But yet people still want us to spend like we don't have a budget. Its this thinking that has our economy in the tank. Buy buy buy and just charge it to the credit card. Then claim bankruptcy. Works for you, but makes everyone else poorer.

And as for the comment about me being an Angelos lover, I don't love the guy, but he has done WAY too much good for this city for me to be angry at him for being a bad sports owner. I'll be done with this now, as this whole topic just brings out the worst in me.

I will NEVER understand this absolute fear/hatred of signing superstar FAs who will HELP the team.

Wow. I swear, I wonder if warehouse people post on the OH? What fan base on earth hates spending the owner's money? LOL

MSK

I think you confuse hatred and fear with wisdom and fiscally sound decisions. For the first time in a decade and a half we have a winning team. and I think most folks here are interested in seeing how this team continues. I think most people here think that Dan Duquette has a solid plan. The Orioles could spend every penny that Peter Angelos personally has and leave his extended family with no inheritance, and a poor plan could produce a Mets or Marlins with it. I hope we do spend more of Peter's money this season. But I hope we build a good team with the money that is spent.

And no, to my knowledge, no Warehouseworthies post here.

Here's my point, and then I think we should get this thread back on topic...

The Orioles and Peter Angelos have never been a big spending team, like, ever. ***** and moan all you want, it ain't gonna happen, so dwell on the negative, or look to the positive. I'll choose to take my playoff season and look forward to positive things.

And my second point is....for every "premium talent" that someone names that has been worth his price tag, I'll name you ten who weren't. But yet people still want us to spend like we don't have a budget. Its this thinking that has our economy in the tank. Buy buy buy and just charge it to the credit card. Then claim bankruptcy. Works for you, but makes everyone else poorer.

And as for the comment about me being an Angelos lover, I don't love the guy, but he has done WAY too much good for this city for me to be angry at him for being a bad sports owner. I'll be done with this now, as this whole topic just brings out the worst in me.

Except for the year they had the highest payroll in baseball.

Please tell me what you see in the Red Sox that makes you think they could finish over .500 next season. They are lucky that the Dodger saved them from the Crawford deal. They look like a prime candidate to have a decent length swoon in the standings.

Jon Lester, David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, Clay Bucholz, and Jacoby Ellsbury. If those men are healthy and perform up to their career standards, Boston will be right there.

And there's a good chance they will sign Hamilton, Grienke, or both.

John Henry is interested in his wife, and his soccer team.

john-henry-at-a-liverpool-match.jpg

Watch out Roy, your getting close to "Troll" territory ;)

See, and I know you're sorta kidding with this, but this is exactly what most of us are talking about.

I created that poll last night where literally 8 out of 100 people didn't want Josh Hamilton at all. Only 4 people said they would pay whatever it took. The majority of everyone else wanted him from anywhere from 4 or 5 yrs between $20-23m a year. Myself included. I still can't understand why there is so much animosity around here, most of us want the same thing, just at slightly different price points. Virtually everyone is assuming it's probably not going to happen for one reason or another, some of us are really angry about it, others are moving on and thinking of other ways we might be able to improve the club.

Jon Lester, David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, Clay Bucholz, and Jacoby Ellsbury. If those men are healthy and perform up to their career standards, Boston will be right there.

And there's a good chance they will sign Hamilton, Grienke, or both.

I think you underestimate how seven black holes in the line up and three in the rotation can undermine a few good men.

At 97 million dollars. Hardly high spending by today's standards, and this was before the Yankees had to start paying Jeter and Mo and Posada and signing every high priced free agent.

It was still high spending by the standards of the day Dip.

I don't think you will see the O's in the top 10 in payroll anytime soon.

Archived