O's Acquire Danny Valencia

Orioles0615

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like a possible back-up UTI that can hit lefties. Not a bad pickup.

As for Mahoney...I'd be surprised if he gets claimed. I'm sure he'll be back in Norfolk soon enough. If not...oh well.

Might be the guy to give Machado a day off twice a month and play 1B against tough lefties if Davis is the regular there.

I don't really like this news. I am not a fan of Valencia. I saw him a lot in college and he was not exactly the best team player. I kinda dismissed that to immaturity and figured it would go away as he got older, but from what I heard through people in Minnesota, that was not really the case. Talented player, but has had some maturity issues.

He won't be doing this to our pitching anymore! ;)

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=24983791&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

No offense, but I think I could have hit a homer on that pitch!

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Duquette on Valencia: "His serious strength is he's very good hitter vs LH pitching with above average on-base capabilities & average power"

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

"At his age he should be able to regain the form that made him one of top vote getters for Rookie of the Year a few years ago." - Duquette

No offense, but I think I could have hit a homer on that pitch!

Was watching on a small screen and almost looked like Aubrey Huff was pitching. He could still hit like that if Wolfe goes to the Redsux this year. That would be a fun loop of the both of them in the other uniform doing the same thing.

Was watching on a small screen and almost looked like Aubrey Huff was pitching. He could still hit like that if Wolfe goes to the Redsux this year. That would be a fun loop of the both of them in the other uniform doing the same thing.

Wolf would have to pitch right-handed, so that might be a problem for Valencia. :laughlol:

Archived