O's Acquire Danny Valencia

Orioles0615

Didn't they just lock up Jones for a cool $90 million?

Get a clue, man. This is depth to replace guys like Tolleson since there's no real 3B option at AAA.

It's November 28. :rolleyestf::rolleyestf::rolleyestf:

And next it will be it's only dec, then jan. Then, still time to make trades once teams identify needs in ST. These minor moves take up roster space. Where are all these upgrades going to fit on the 40 man roster?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The absence of big moves doesn't mean that DD's churning on smaller moves isn't awesome. That's how we got value out of Quintinilla for a while, and of course McClouth. This is another minor step that fits right in with his overhaul of this org. Love it, and I'm not kidding.

Definitely an improvement over Quintanilla. Definitely been an offensive disappointment since his rookie season, but he's still young enough and seems like a decent platoon option. I'm just happy the O's have started taking splits and situational hitting more into consideration. Who knows if he'll stick around, but he should make the bench much better than it was in 2012.

And next it will be it's only dec, then jan. Then, still time to make trades once teams identify needs in ST. These minor moves take up roster space. Where are all these upgrades going to fit on the 40 man roster?

Yeah, we were going to get Hamilton, but then we got Danny Valencia and there was just no more room for him. :rolleyestf:

I would have preferred Duquette sign Tolleson to a minor league deal, but Valencia is fine as a Norfolk infielder I guess.

Yeah, we were going to get Hamilton, but then we got Danny Valencia and there was just no more room for him. :rolleyestf:

I would have preferred Duquette sign Tolleson to a minor league deal, but Valencia is fine as a Norfolk infielder I guess.

If i'm not mistaken, Velencia has to be on the 40 man. Aren't they at 37 now? That's without McLouth on it.

It's November 28th. I can't even fathom how anyone can be frustrated with the moves already. Duquette is adding some depth which is what he does nicely. If Velencia remains the biggest acquisition come February I'll voice my concerns, but it's way too early.

What are you talking about? He is taking Mahoney's spot on the 40 man. Nothing wrong with having a 3B w/ MLB experience at Norfolk, especially since we really had nobody there to play third. Good depth move that cost only cash considerations. No downside here that I see. Hard to understand why anyone would be upset with this move.

This. Dark Helmet, take note.

The O's clearly made the right moves last off-season, which was highlighted by the Chen signing and the Hammel trade. And then they found good pieces like Gonzo and O'Day. Before that, Andy did a great job getting Hardy and Reynolds and Davis. No reason to think they can't do the same thing this off-season.

Save your cycles, you're just pissing in the ocean when you're talking to DH:vader:

What are you talking about? He is taking Mahoney's spot on the 40 man. Nothing wrong with having a 3B w/ MLB experience at Norfolk, especially since we really had nobody there to play third. Good depth move that cost only cash considerations. No downside here that I see. Hard to understand why anyone would be upset with this move.

It's not just about Velencia. I get it, we're just replacing depth with more depth. Too bad other teams are improving the 25 man roster.

Archived