O's Acquire Danny Valencia

Orioles0615

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If i'm not mistaken, Velencia has to be on the 40 man. Aren't they at 37 now? That's without McLouth on it.

That's including Reynolds, Quintanilla, and Pearce. Who knows whether they'll be Orioles in a week?

But even if the roster was full, I guarantee DFAing Danny Valencia isn't going to be a major obstacle if DD wants to sign a guy.

It's not just about Velencia. I get it, we're just replacing depth with more depth. Too bad other teams are improving the 25 man roster.

Which teams have done anything significant at the ML level? 2 maybe. Get a grip.

That's including Reynolds, Quintanilla, and Pearce. Who knows whether they'll be Orioles in a week?

But even if the roster was full, I guarantee DFAing Danny Valencia isn't going to be a major obstacle if DD wants to sign a guy.

Nah, not until atleast Aug/Sept. PA gave up cash considerations for him :P

What, an actual post from you, where you don't drop a list of names you personally know around baseball? Wow, i'm impressed.

Should I apologize for that? Should I apologize for the fact that when I brought your argument up majority of them laughed? The reason they were brought up is because I was using those people as facts behind what I was saying since you couldn't quite grasp the idea. If you have people who do that for a living rolling their eyes at your ignorant ass scenario, wouldn't that ring a bell that maybe your argument really isn't that good?

Should I apologize for that? Should I apologize for the fact that when I brought your argument up majority of them laughed? The reason they were brought up is because I was using those people as facts behind what I was saying since you couldn't quite grasp the idea. If you have people who do that for a living rolling their eyes at your ignorant ass scenario, wouldn't that ring a bell that maybe your argument really isn't that good?

Brother,

He is not worth the time it took you to type this reply. Dark helmet comes across to me as the epitome of the word troll.

Also please do not apologize to him. Those of us who actually understand these types of moves appreciate the insight your experiences contribute to this forum.

Brother,

He is not worth the time it took you to type this reply. Dark helmet comes across to me as the epitome of the word troll.

Also please do not apologize to him. Those of us who actually understand these types of moves appreciate the insight your experiences contribute to this forum.

When I go to check on a profile, and Tony has just been there, I feel all is in good hands.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Duquette on Valencia: "His serious strength is he's very good hitter vs LH pitching with above average on-base capabilities & average power"

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

"At his age he should be able to regain the form that made him one of top vote getters for Rookie of the Year a few years ago." - Duquette

He certainly doesn't have above average OB capabilities (.297 career OBP), but he is solid against LHP (.831 career OPS)

It's the .359 lifetime against lefties. He is a platoon half.

I agree he's a decent platoon bat off the bench. I even like the move if he's used correctly. Just thought it was funny that Duquette chose to emphasize his on base skills. That OBP from the left size is inflated by a .343 BABIP in just 301 ABs and comes despite a 6.8% walk rate.

Archived