Orioles have interest in Koji (update: Boston signs Koji)

oldbird

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spending $4.5 mm for Koji would be a waste of money for us, considering the current makeup of our bullpen. The guy is terrific, and worth $4.5 mm to a team with huge holes in the back end of their bullpen. But that's not the Orioles.

We have holes, Ayala, Strop and Hunter to name a few. Their adequate at best. Koji's a difference maker and he can pitch middle or late relief. JJ, O'Day and Koji would have been outstanding, but the Orioles put money ahead of wins here. NYY and BOS spend money to make money, we could also, if ownership wasn't short sighted. Am I overreacting, probably, but I am flat out angry that he will pitch for BOS and potentially shut us down 18 games a year.

We have holes, Ayala, Strop and Hunter to name a few. Their adequate at best. Koji's a difference maker and he can pitch middle or late relief. JJ, O'Day and Koji would have been outstanding, but the Orioles put money ahead of wins here. NYY and BOS spend money to make money, we could also, if ownership wasn't short sighted. Am I overreacting, probably, but I am flat out angry that he will pitch for BOS and potentially shut us down 18 games a year.

Strop is a hole? Give me a bullpen full of holes like Strop.

Strop was money till he wore down late in the season.

And Strop made what last season?

Pedro Strop rhp

1 year/$0.4825M (2012)

1 year/$0.4825M (2012)

re-signed by Baltimore 3/10/12

1 year/$0.416M (2011)

re-signed by Texas 2/27/11

claimed by Baltimore off waivers from Texas 9/1/11

1 year/$0.401M (2010)

re-signed by Texas 3/4/10

1 year (2009)

signed by Texas as a free agent 11/8/08 (minor-league contract)

contract purchased by Texas 8/27/09

1 year (2008)

contract purchased by Colorado 11/20/07

DFA by Colorado 9/12/08

signed by Colorado 2002 as amateur free agent from the Dominican Republic

ML service: 1.156

Spending $4.5 mm for Koji would be a waste of money for us, considering the current makeup of our bullpen. The guy is terrific, and worth $4.5 mm to a team with huge holes in the back end of their bullpen. But that's not the Orioles.

I agree...the BP is solid and spending 4.5MM is a waste of$$ for us

Archived