Roch on Hamilton, Reynolds update, pitching depth

Annie

It is amazing what taking the time to read a few of the facts that great posters dig up can do for the troubled soul.

Like I said, I don't care how the O's do it, I just want a winner. But, that doesn't mean I don't have a preference on how to go about setting the roster up. Either way, the O's do not affect the way I sleep at night, nor do they pay my bills. The latter is what troubles my mind, but the lord above keeps my soul free of troubles :).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's had an .875 OPS in the #4 spot, good for 3rd in the AL. They were 3rd in HR from that spot, with 31. They had a .701 OPS (.308 OBP) at #1 and .652 OPS (.277 OBP) at #2, and that is what needs to be addressed.

And also floundered mightily in the playoffs and late in the season whiffing at the low and outside. perhaps you can recite Jones's stats after he signed the contract and from about august 15th on.

You continue to show a lack of respect for Dan Duquette's abilities. What you see as a fluke, some see as the sign of a brilliant GM. Some, including myself, think he can make us better given Angelos' budget. You don't. I get it.

I never once used the word "Fluke" to describe 2012. If you want to disagree then fine, but don't put words into my mouth. Some, including myself, do not think lightening will strike twice. You don't. I get that.

I will be annoyed if Reynolds leaves, and no new hitters are added. If we aren't going to get Reynolds, then at least give Victorino or Pagan a 2 year deal to play LF and hit leadoff.

Also, if Duquette really doesn't think Reynolds works for next year, then why not trade him and get a low-level prospect?

Show Dan some respect. He know's what he's doing.

Ah I stand corrected then, it just seemed to me that we had so many bases loaded situations or second and third situations where we could barley push across one run.

Nothing wrong with bias. It's a function of human nature. Since facts/data are ready available, why not look them up and try and reconcile them? It's a pretty good way to develop your critical thinking skills imo.

I never once used the word "Fluke" to describe 2012. If you want to disagree then fine, but don't put words into my mouth. Some, including myself, do not think lightening will strike twice. You don't. I get that.

Show Dan some respect. He know's what he's doing.

I don't think it was lightning in a bottle by any means.

I was speaking hypothetically. When you question Duquette, you don't speak hypothetically. You speak as if he's already made the mistakes you expect him to make and you're resigned to it. I've never seen someone be resigned to something, yet not be able to stop talking about it.

Huh? I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm just saying, you know, talk about other things too.

Nothing else to really discuss. Slow time of year. I guess it's best to just sit back and lay low until afte the winter meeting and Christmas. Maybe we will have some answers. Happy Holliday's war

I don't think it was lightning in a bottle by any means.

I was speaking hypothetically. When you question Duquette, you don't speak hypothetically. You speak as if he's already made the mistakes you expect him to make and you're resigned to it. I've never seen someone be resigned to something, yet not be able to stop talking about it.

I don't be-grudge you for your way of thinking. I'm done until after the winter meeting's and Hollidays. Like I told waroriole, maybe some question's will have answer's by then. Happy Holliday's Luis. Hope you and your family has a safe and enjoyable one.

I'll be annoyed if Reynolds leaves, too. Loved what he did at first base last year.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...he'll go elsewhere, hit 35+ bombs and this board will be whining about how we don't have another power bat.

My thoughts exactly. Reynolds had a down year and was on the plus side with defense, coming into his own. Don't understand why people are so eager to let a 30 hr guy to leave. Boggles my mind! Come on, Duquette, sign Reynolds fast!!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I don't be-grudge you for your way of thinking. I'm done until after the winter meeting's and Hollidays. Like I told waroriole, maybe some question's will have answer's by then. Happy Holliday's Luis. Hope you and your family has a safe and enjoyable one.

Is this subliminal messaging for Matt Holliday? Happy Halladays to you too.

I'm fine with a Pagan or Victorino signing. But, it would be nice to have Jones and his .800+ OPS batting 3rd, and Hamilton's .900 OPS batting 4th.

Instead of you and Johnny constantly crying about us not getting Hamilton, why not just sit back and see what he signs for and see if you would have given him more.

Unless you're willing to just give him a blank check.

Let me help you: he's a multi-time All Star and Gold Glover with power and speed that should have several good years left in him and he shouldn't cost more than 7-9 million.

The team was last in SBs last year. It would be nice to be able to manufacture some runs when the ball isn't carrying.

Being a former All-Star and Gold Glove winner means next to nothing to me. He's 32 and declining and paying 7-9 mil for Victorino would be a huge waste of money.

So, let me help you out, his .321 OBP and .704 OPS last year would be a poor addition unless we were a team that was deep enough with talent with deep enough pockets to make him the 4th OFer. I'll concede that his SB% is pretty nice but as a team, I could care less about stolen bases. Like Frobby said, it's all about the OBP right now.

I'm fine with a Pagan or Victorino signing. But, it would be nice to have Jones and his .800+ OPS batting 3rd, and Hamilton's .900 OPS batting 4th.

I'm just saying that lack of power isn't a problem on this team, while lack of baserunners is, especially at the top of the order. We haven't addressed that problem yet this winter. We've lost two of our better OBP guys in Reynolds and

McLouth, and while Casilla is a minor upgrade over Andino, his OBP is still well below average. If Markakis and Reimold are healthy that wil help a lot, and BRob potentially could help if he can stay healthy and shake off three years of rust, but that's a longshot. So, we really need to find some high OBP bats to add to our lineup.

Archived