Roch on Hamilton, Reynolds update, pitching depth

Annie

And also floundered mightily in the playoffs and late in the season whiffing at the low and outside. perhaps you can recite Jones's stats after he signed the contract and from about august 15th on.

1) You act like everyone but our #4 hitter was hitting in the playoffs but no one on the Orioles was hitting except for McLouth.

2) Jones OPS by month:

April/March - .980

May - .985

June - .726

July - .816

August - .684

Sept/Oct - .847

Jones signed his deal on May 25th, in June he had a down month, but I'm pretty sure thats when the report came out that he was playing with a broken bone in his hand, and outside of August he still had pretty good splits.

By comparison Josh Hamilton.

April/march - 1.182

May - 1.187

June - .754

July - .607

August - .943

Sept/Oct - .873

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1) You act like everyone but our #4 hitter was hitting in the playoffs but no one on the Orioles was hitting except for McLouth.

2) Jones OPS by month:

April/March - .980

May - .985

June - .726

July - .816

August - .684

Sept/Oct - .847

Jones signed his deal on May 25th, in June he had a down month, but I'm pretty sure thats when the report came out that he was playing with a broken bone in his hand, and outside of August he still had pretty good splits.

By comparison Josh Hamilton.

April/march - 1.182

May - 1.187

June - .754

July - .607

August - .943

Sept/Oct - .873

Jones hit 16 Homers in April & May ....And then hit 16 in June, July, August, & September.

Jones hit 16 Homers in April & May ....And then hit 16 in June, July, August, & September.

Hamilton hit 21 homers in April & May.... and then hit 22 in June, July, August, & September. The biggest difference is Hamilton only hit 6 more homers from June on, than Jones did when Jones apparently wasn't producing like a #4 hitter.

Hamilton hit 21 homers in April & May.... and then hit 22 in June, July, August, & September. The biggest difference is Hamilton only hit 6 more homers from June on, than Jones did when Jones apparently wasn't producing like a #4 hitter.

Nice post. Everyone knows Jones is really selfish because of all his solo HR.:rolleyes:

I'll be annoyed if Reynolds leaves, too. Loved what he did at first base last year.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...he'll go elsewhere, hit 35+ bombs and this board will be whining about how we don't have another power bat.

Ditto........... he'll out-produce whoever we replace him with.

And also floundered mightily in the playoffs and late in the season whiffing at the low and outside. perhaps you can recite Jones's stats after he signed the contract and from about august 15th on.

First of all, performance over one week in the playoffs is relatively unimportant. Anyone can be hot or cold for a week. I'm not saying I find it ideal to have Jones as the cleanup hitter. I'm just saying that finding 1-2 high OBP guys is more important than finding another "power bat."

First of all, performance over one week in the playoffs is relatively unimportant. Anyone can be hot or cold for a week. I'm not saying I find it ideal to have Jones as the cleanup hitter. I'm just saying that finding 1-2 high OBP guys is more important than finding another "power bat."

So we agree ... I've said that Butler is one of my targets all along. Regardless of what the PG says here Jones is not a #4 IMO. And there no comments that can change my mind.

So we agree ... I've said that Butler is one of my targets all along. Regardless of what the PG says here Jones is not a #4 IMO. And there no comments that can change my mind.

Well thats fine, I don't really think Jones is a great #4 either, I just think that we need to improve #1-2 more than #3-5

I'm fine with a Pagan or Victorino signing. But, it would be nice to have Jones and his .800+ OPS batting 3rd, and Hamilton's .900 OPS batting 4th.

This. The only person that should have any hesitations with adding josh hamilton is dan duquette and ownership.

Dude is a legit triple crown threat. Hit 43hr 120 rbis ect ect. He would be an instant upgrade over any player on our team in the lineup. That includes adam jones, our best player. You take that in a heartbeat if youre anyone but ownership who has to pay him.

Im a fan so his salary is no concern of mine, its not coming out of my pocket. I understand hes an injury and personal life risk, but when he is good to go hes the best hitter in the game.

You werent happy with Nick at #1? How about McLouth?

I really feel like we're one hitter away from a formidable lineup. McLouth/Reimold is decent enough at the top of the order since no better options present itself. It's not ideal, since they're both such wild cards, but it could work out really well and I guess we just have to hope since there's no leadoff option at LF, 1B, or DH out there. They both showed the ability to be great at the role in short spurts last year.

McLouth/Reimold-Markakis-_________-Jones-Davis-Wieters make a formidable lineup with the right guy filling in that blank. Butler, Willingham, and Swisher are the guys that are being talked about that would be perfect for that role.

You werent happy with Nick at #1? How about McLouth?

You can't have McLouth and Hamilton in the line-up at the same time. I also prefer Nick at #2. If we were to get a full season of McLouth like last year at #1 and a full season of Nick at 2, we would be better off than having Markakis-Hardy/whoever Buck puts there-Jones-Hamilton, IMO.

Archived