Reynolds: "I would assume that I'll probably be gone"

ChaosLex

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like it either, but Dan must have his own plan that does not include Mark. I am certain that Dan is not gambling. It's surprising to me. I like the gosh darn Sheriff myself. I even got Roy to like him.

Roy only likes him since he hasn't struck out or made an error in over a month.

If Davis can cleanly receive throws from the other players at first then I have no problem with him manning first and the O's running a cheap platoon at DH.
The cheap platoon would have to be an upgrade in production over Davis at DH IMO, to be worth it. And with Betemit the LH part, it will be pretty hard to do that.

The cheap platoon would have to be an upgrade in production over Davis at DH IMO, to be worth it. And with Betemit the LH part, it will be pretty hard to do that.

Have you seen Betemit's lifetime numbers batting LH? I would say he'd be just as productive in that role as Davis.

He has earned some BOTD but he lucked into a lot of success last year.

This is a crucial offseason for him IMO. He cant afford to make ANY mistakes.

I don't think that. Everyone always makes mistakes, every move is the result of a risk and cost-benefit analysis and has a chance of not working. Even last year the O's had half a dozen things go terrribly wrong.

He was indeed half the platoon I had in mind. They wouldn't have to be as effective as Davis anyway. If anything they would have to be as effective as Reynolds.

Any idea as to who would be a good RH platoon partner for DH? It sucks that Gomes signed with BOS, and for so much money.

Any idea as to who would be a good RH platoon partner for DH? It sucks that Gomes signed with BOS, and for so much money.

I'm thinking Valencia and Pearce at this point. Maybe Reimold if they land another LF. Who knows, maybe we land Butler and don't need a platoon at DH. I think Andruw Jones is still out there.

Archived