O's have reached out to Swisher's agent

ChaosLex

I don't get the hate for Swisher...I mean, when he's not in your team, sure, that makes sense...but he's a favorite in the clubhouse and with fans when he's on YOUR team.

He played here at Ohio State, and anyone that I know that knows him or played with him loves him. He's like Kevin Millar, but a good baseball player.

He's not Hamilton good, but he is one of those great clubhouse guys that a team like the Orioles would feed of of...that kind of guy doesn't impact a team like the Yankees much because they're all snooty overpaid superstars who don't enjoy the game and think their excrement doesn't stink...

Swisher would be awesome here, and just might allow us to afford going after a guy like Anibal Sanchez...if only...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They can put Swisher at 1st base for $15 Million per year for the next 3 or 4 years, have Chris Davis play left field, and tell Reynolds and McLouth to take a hike.

They could do that. It's probably not a good idea, but they could do it.

Senator+Joseph+McCarthy+joseph+mccarthy.jpg

For those wondering why not Reynolds, but pay more for Swisher...

swishervreynolds.png

The worst out you can make is a strikeout, as it doesn't allow any chance at scoring a run...the next is a DP, as it can kill an inning and rarely results in run production...Reynolds has way more in both categories, with a lot fewer ABs...he walks a little bit more, but his OBP is still significantly lower, you cannot score a run if you don't get on...BA is not even a contest...and OPS is not even a contest...

Swisher would be a huge upgrade, would likely bat higher in our lineup than in NY, and therefore might have more protection behind him, potentially making him produce even more? I think Swisher would be a pretty darn good #2 hitter...and when he's not there, a pretty good #5, #6, and sometimes even #3 (especially in National League parks without a DH in the lineup...)

And he can play LF and 1B, allowing us to use McLouth or go after Butler...or choose between the best option at either position...instead of signing a guy that only plays one of the two positions, and limiting our options to the best at the leftover position...there's a lot of value in just that alone...

"The O's have reached out to Swishers agent". Really? If they did, I hope they slapped him right across the Jaw. I agree with Wildcard here, if they let Reynolds go because they thought 8-9M was to steep for Mark, no freaking way are they shelling 15+ to Swisher. The only way the Reynolds situation actually makes sense is if they are really going all in on Hamilton. I don't think they are, I think they just made a collosal mistake on Reynolds............Time will tell.

I see Swisher as more affordable and more reliable. And there's NO WAY Angelos signs off on Hamilton. Never. He nixxed Aaron Sele (I think) for a sketchy med report on his knee. JH is ten times the risk to PA.

career splits at ballpark: PA and OPS

----> BAL-Camden Yards PA(231) OPS(.955)

SEA-Safeco Fld 201 .913

BOS-Fenway Pk 213 .899

CHW-US Cellular 408 .891

TBR-TropicanaFld 223 .891

CLE-Progressive 156 .884

NYY-Yankee Stad3 1216 .832

OAK-McAfee Col 1006 .819

MIN-Metrodome 95 .813

KCR-KauffmanStad 133 .812

TEX-Rangers Bpk 206 .801

TOR-Rogers Ctr 229 .783

MIN-Target Field 43 .781

DET-Comerica Pk 146 .716

LAA-Angel Stad 176 .590

NYY-Yankee Stad 41 .515

----

I didn't see anybody mention Swisher's awesome career numbers in Camden Yards (including 18 HRs). It could mean nothing at all, but at 231 PA...that's hardly a SSS. And it certainly does indicate he'll feel "right at home" in Baltimore's home park. Plus, AL East pitching and style of play wont be a problem either.

I didn't see anybody mention Swisher's awesome career numbers in Camden Yards (including 18 HRs). It could mean nothing at all, but at 231 PA...that's hardly a SSS. And it certainly does indicate he'll feel "right at home" in Baltimore's home park. Plus, AL East pitching and style of play wont be a problem either.

Think about who has pitched for the team Swisher was facing all those years in Camden Yards....

Then just look at his overall numbers against everyone. He will hit at OPACY. Everyone does.

I'm not saying he won't, but I'm just saying that throwing out career splits for a Yankee at Camden Yards over the past however many years isn't really a legitimate way to prove that he'll hit when he plays here.

That said, I do think he'll hit in Camden Yards. I'm all for signing him to play LF or 1B.

I'm not saying he won't, but I'm just saying that throwing out career splits for a Yankee at Camden Yards over the past however many years isn't really a legitimate way to prove that he'll hit when he plays here.

That said, I do think he'll hit in Camden Yards. I'm all for signing him to play LF or 1B.

Fair enough.

Well, if you take Swishers total at bats against BAL (in all stadiums) for his career: he's at PA(401) OPS( .893).

So, if you take into account the high OPS in Camden Yards games (.955) you get a much lower OPS in BAL games which are non-Camden Yards games. Roughly, .825 or so. Perhaps, its an abstract argument but one thing is for sure, he's hit 18 Home runs in Camden Yards and only 6 HR (against BAL) in non-Camden Yards games.

Archived