Mark Reynolds Appreciation Thread

ChaosLex

Hard for me not to be sentimental about him. He's been one of my favorite players for a long time, even before he got here, because I love this offensive skillset and don't care about strikeouts. He's an unintentionally hilarious player, weird and crazy things just seem to happen to him. And then he moves to first and just makes these amazing plays, maybe not to the effect that he's a high dWAR player but between his crappy 3rd base defense, his awkward persona, the sunflower seeds, watching him all of the sudden turn spectacular 3-4-3s and do that toe... thing... it's one of the many icings on the giant multi-layered ice cream cake that was 2012. And the way he crushed the Yankees down the stretch. It's impossible for me not to love him.

Call me Mark. CALL ME

LOL. Good one. As one of my old girl friends told me years ago "Boyfriends are like buses, you can always catch another one".

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL. Good one. As one of my old girl friends told me years ago "Boyfriends are like buses, you can always catch another one".

Yeah, that's a good point- but you never know where that next bus will take you; perhaps to a dead-end street or even worse, over a cliff. We know the bus Reynolds was taking the Os on- team player, power hitter with potential to hit 40+ HRs, stellar first baseman that prolly helped JJ earn his GG, and last but not least, played a big part in a winning season.

I think clapdiddy's posted article in this thread says it all regarding Reynolds future with the Orioles, hope I'm misreading it though-

Duquette on Reynolds http://http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-dan-duquette-on-decision-to-non-tender-mark-reynolds-1130,0,7535956.story

I think we're going to be sorry that we let him walk. I agree with Frobby, nothings over until he signs elsewhere, but the diagnosis doesn't look too good here.

He played an outstanding first base for us. He wasn't always the best hitter but he did come up big. He's a power threat no matter what.

He killed AL East opponents...he had a great plate approach. He drew walks.

There's no reason why we shouldn't bring him back, he's a good ballplayer.

I appreciate you, Mark Reynolds, The Sheriff of Baltimore. I will never forget you and your monster first year in Baltimore. I won't forget your beast mode defensive playing and clutch 7 or 8 game stretch of HR's to murder the AL East. I have no doubt in my mind that if this indeed it, the Orioles front office will regret the day they allowed you to walk out the door. I'll be cheering you wherever you go because you're my Sheriff! From Swattingham!

I appreciate you, Mark Reynolds, The Sheriff of Baltimore. I will never forget you and your monster first year in Baltimore. I won't forget your beast mode defensive playing and clutch 7 or 8 game stretch of HR's to murder the AL East. I have no doubt in my mind that if this indeed it, the Orioles front office will regret the day they allowed you to walk out the door. I'll be cheering you wherever you go because you're my Sheriff! From Swattingham! Call me Mark. CALL ME

Is this a trend?

Duquette talking on MLB Network. He tried to be as politically correct as possible when addressing the Reynold's issue, but it was clear Duquette has no interest in resigning him. Best of luck in your new home Mark. I will never forget the upper deck bomb you hit at Camden. A rare feat indeed.

Upper Deck Shot: http://sports.wally.tv/play?id=223176

Archived