Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What planet are you all living on?

You actually believe that the Orioles would trade Bundy? I'm not saying it would or wouldn't be a good idea... but the Orioles have basically said they are going to try and compete from the bottom-up. From inside-out. In other words, the cheapest possible way.

There is absolutely no way, no how, no scenario, where the current PA controlled organization is going to trade away it's best minor leaguer. No way.

Many threads this off-season have been amusing but, at the same time, sad because it shows the total disconnect between the Orioles and their stated-path and what the Oriole fans want as baseball fans. These threads are a constant barrage of "What do you think of trading for _______" or "How about _______". Heck, I'm surprised we haven't seen a scenario where we've worked out a trade for the genetic rights to Ted Williams' head!

The Orioles have had plenty of opportunities to pick up a few pieces. They've probably had other opportunities to make some trades.

What have they done? Traded Andino for a project, Signed Nate McClouth - cheap - and picked-up a few pieces to throw into the MiL system/build utility depth.

Seriously, folks, it's time to take what we have and understand what we don't.

I still believe the Orioles think they can win with what we have... and hold on what we could trade in hopes that we can get them out later for a sunny day. Roll with it.

Stanton made under a 1/2 a million last season. That would hardly break the back in terms of salary.

Pull the trigger if it involves Bundy so be it you're talking about a clean up hitter who is a 40 HR 100 RBI guy and in OPACY will absolute demolish the ball yes Bundy has the potential to be a TOR guy but he hasnt proven it at the MLB level yet Stanton has and he's one of the few guys worth trading Bundy for

This is not necessarily good for us. The Red Sox or Yankees could easily afford his current salary.

Please explain. I remember quite clearly that this was the same idea everyone had just a few years ago about Matusz and don't say noone ever said that because we all know they did

I'd like an explaination as well. No unproven player should ever be labeled "untouchable." That's just a foolish way to do business. Stanton is nearly just as young as has just as much upside.

Stanton to the Orioles aside, I want to see this happen just to see how few tickets the Marlins sell next year.

I want to see Nolasco moved just to see:

1- If Selig allows it

2- What the big market owners say (Marlins are getting revenue sharing funds)

3- What the MLBPA does

4- Attendence

I'd like an explaination as well. No unproven player should ever be labeled "untouchable." That's just a foolish way to do business. Stanton is nearly just as young as has just as much upside.

Bundy shouldn't be untouchable and should be available for Stanton.

But Bundy also has a much higher ceiling then Matusz.

The O's #1 need is for a #1 starter. The biggest reason they are not pursuing one is because they think that have one in Bundy. The #1 starter allows them to compete in the playoffs with Dickey, Sabathia, and Price. Otherwise the O's are at a disadvantage in the playoffs.

Trading for Stanton doesn't help the O's with their #1 need. It makes a big hole.

The O's #1 need is for a #1 starter. The biggest reason they are not pursuing one is because they think that have one in Bundy. The #1 starter allows them to compete in the playoffs with Dickey, Sabathia, and Price. Otherwise the O's are at a disadvantage in the playoffs.

Trading for Stanton does help the O's with their #1 need. It makes a big hole.

So Bundy is going to be the Orioles No 1 starter for the 2013 season. That's interesting, since some experts are predicting that he'll spend the majority of the year in the minors. And as for the playoffs, the Orioles have to "get there" first.

The Orioles have some pitching depth. Maybe not a true no. 1, but other young pitchers who have a chance of improving. And if they don't pan out they can always look to sign a true no. 1 starter next season. Bottom line, Stanton will help them much more this season than Bundy. And it's a move that doesn't compromise their future, since Stanton is also young and under control for a number of years.

So Bundy is going to be the Orioles No 1 starter for the 2013 season. That's interesting, since some experts are predicting that he'll spend the majority of the year in the minors. And as for the playoffs, the Orioles have to "get there" first.

The Orioles have some pitching depth. Maybe not a true no. 1, but other young pitchers who have a chance of improving. And if they don't pan out they can always look to sign a true no. 1 starter next season. Bottom line, Stanton will help them much more this season than Bundy. And it's a move that doesn't compromise their future, since Stanton is also young and under control for a number of years.

Just curious, who is predicting that?

Just curious, who is predicting that?

I don't have any links, but I've heard several analysts say that they wouldn't be suprised if he spends most of the season in the minors, since the Orioles have so much pitching depth. Even if he begins the season with the team, my money is on him being used out of the pen...until one of the SPs falls out of favor.

This kind of a trade is not about one season.

Archived