Undefeated Buckeyes: Shades of Auburn in 1993

OFFNY

Ohio State has a national championship quality offense. The same cannot be said about their defense. They were fortunate to beat Michigan.

You know... Michigan played by far their best offensive game of the year and a pretty lowly defensive game. I think Ohio State's defense is a lot better than they looked on Saturday. They'll look like world beaters against MSU's offense, IMO.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough call here. I really hate Ohio State. At the same time I get tired of comments like the Auburn AD made about how much of a "disservice" it would be if a 1-loss SEC team was left out.

At the end of the day, I think my dislike of Ohio State trumps my weariness of SEC elitism. Go Sparty!

Tough call here. I really hate Ohio State. At the same time I get tired of comments like the Auburn AD made about how much of a "disservice" it would be if a 1-loss SEC team was left out.

At the end of the day, I think my dislike of Ohio State trumps my weariness of SEC elitism. Go Sparty!

Any Auburn fan will tell you Jay Jacobs sucks. I've never met anyone that likes him. I cringed after I read that crap.

It's one year later, and once again, Ohio State is undefeated at 11-0.

The difference is that this year, the Buckeyes are eligible for their conference championship, bowl games, and ranking in the coaches' poll (last year, they were only eligible to be ranked in the sportswriters' poll.)

OOThe Buckeyes have two final hurdles before the 2013 postseason schedule is announced ........ their match-up with the Michigan Wolverines tomorrow, and their conference championship game against the Michigan State Spartans next week.

12-0, now.

It was the right idea, but terrible play call. Two WR standing right beside each other. Should've lobbed it to one if their big targets.

**** man, yer boy Al Borges has single handedly lost them three games this year, literally. Penn State, Nebraska (LOL) and Iowa should all have easily been wins.

**** man, yer boy Al Borges has single handedly lost them three games this year, literally. Penn State, Nebraska (LOL) and Iowa should all have easily been wins.

Al's good for a couple of years, but he never evolved at Auburn. He calls plays without regard for his personnel.

Al's good for a couple of years, but he never evolved at Auburn. He calls plays without regard for his personnel.

And that, sir, is precisely what he did in those games. Michigan's got a walk on center and two freshman guards bookended by one very good tackle and one shoddy one. They are NOT, (emphasis NOT), not a power team. And then there's the whole thing of all of those teams having 9 guys in the box and Hoke, Borges and Devin Gardner all not realizing that, "Holy **** I-form ISO is probably a bad idea here."

It has been an EXTREMELY frustrating season to watch Michigan. They've got plenty of talent but they're still geared towards the spread, which Hoke & Borges want to get away from. But you know, winning and all should come first.

• 1 year later...

o

TWO YEARS LATER:

With a 3rd-string quarterback, Ohio State hammered Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship Game by a score of 59-0 to vault themselves into the playoffs.

In the semifinal playoff, they defeated top-ranked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

No Braxton Miller.

No J.T. Barrett.

Cardale Jones and company will take on Oregon for the title on January 12th in Arlington, TX.

o

TWO YEARS LATER:

With a 3rd-string quarterback, Ohio State hammered Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship Game by a score of 59-0 to vault themselves into the playoffs.

In the semifinal playoff, they defeated top-ranked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

No Braxton Miller.

No J.T. Barrett.

Cardale Jones and company will take on Oregon for the title on January 12th in Arlington, TX.

Instant Classic: Is Enigmatic Ohio State Quarterback Cardale Jones About to Be a Footnote ... or an All-Time Great?

(By Matt Hinton)

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/college-football-championship-ohio-state-oregon-cardale-jones-legacy/

Archived