Winter Meetings: Day 2

ChaosLex

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Morse report from FOXSports.com is absolutely correct. However, as I've stated, the interest is lukewarm at the moment. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo told reporters yesterday that he hasn't been contacted by the Orioles.
CBSSports.com included the Orioles among eight teams that have contacted the Mets about Dickey. They may simply be checking in to gauge what the Mets are asking for in return. What's the harm?
I received further confirmation this morning, not that it was necessary, that the Orioles aren't going hard after LaRoche. It looks like the Nats and Mariners are the two teams really in play for him. Bet on the Nats retaining him.

What about the Royals' Billy Butler? I keep asking why Kansas City would trade him. Good contract, one of the top right-handed bats in the league and a fan favorite. Well, the more people I talk to, the more it sounds like he isn't one of the biggest trade chips at these meetings.

If you assumed that Butler would be dealt this week, you may be in for a huge disappointment. Plenty of teams like him, including the Orioles, but are the Royals really willing to move him? Industry and media types here have their doubts. And the same goes for Eric Hosmer, another player who appeals greatly to the Orioles.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/12/a-few-notes-from-nashville.html

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

From Jim Duquette on Twitter

Jim Duquette ‏@Jim_Duquette

#Royals Ned Yost told us their goal was 2 NOT trade frm their major league club to improve their team. Not likely Butler will be moving #SXM

That messes up our meetings ....

From Jim Duquette on Twitter

Jim Duquette ‏@Jim_Duquette

#Royals Ned Yost told us their goal was 2 NOT trade frm their major league club to improve their team. Not likely Butler will be moving #SXM

That messes up our meetings ....

Disappointing. Guess we should temper our temptations.

Archived