Winter Meetings: Day 2

ChaosLex

Hmmm...Could be the O's, I guess. I would be ok with Kubel, but would much rather have Willingham.

I would be ok with one of those if you add something to go with it. If Kubel or Willingham or someone similar is our attempt at a "big" bat then I will be very disappointed.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be ok with one of those if you add something to go with it. If Kubel or Willingham or someone similar is our attempt at a "big" bat then I will be very disappointed.

Agreed, but I think we won't see a true "big" bat unless Angelos agrees to expand payroll further.

The only problem I have with Kubel is his defense, which is pretty poor. On the flip side, he could always DH when needed (assuming no Butler, which is where I'm at now).

The only problem I have with Kubel is his defense, which is pretty poor. On the flip side, he could always DH when needed (assuming no Butler, which is where I'm at now).

I don't mind him, but I feel like we have enough guys like him. Someone who puts up a .330 obp, strikes out a lot, hits 30 hr. Not taking away from his .833 Ops or 30 homeruns, it would just feel liek replacing Reynolds with someone who is close to the same.

I don't mind him, but I feel like we have enough guys like him. Someone who puts up a .330 obp, strikes out a lot, hits 30 hr. Not taking away from his .833 Ops or 30 homeruns, it would just feel liek replacing Reynolds with someone who is close to the same.

Yes...when Reynolds at least would give you average defense at first base.

Then I suggest you get prepared to be disappointed. These two guys are most likely high end of what the FO realistically considers a "big" bat. All the Josh Hamilton talk was a waste of time and webspace. There was no way the Orioles were ever going to be in on a FA that expensive. Even players like Laroche or Victorino are a pipe dream.

Then I suggest you get prepared to be disappointed. These two guys are most likely high end of what the FO realistically considers a "big" bat. All the Josh Hamilton talk was a waste of time and webspace. There was no way the Orioles were ever going to be in on a FA that expensive. Even players like Laroche or Victorino are a pipe dream.

Agreed. In regards to free agent bats, Kubel or Willingham are likely at the top end of what the O's would realistically pursue. Hence all of the talk af them trading for that MOO bat. That is far more realistic and plausible than Josh Hamilton in an O's uniform.

Good deal?

Good deal for Victorino. Never thought he'd get close to 40M. The Red Sox are putting together a decent lineup. Still not impressed with them, but the "experts" will say they are a better team then the O's on paper. They might be right. Of course for the O's, its hard to improve if you dont do anything to improve.

Archived