Winter Meetings: Day 2

ChaosLex

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, we have a "new" regime, but they are behaving like MacPhail and the gang.

Continue to watch other teams make some incredible signings while we haggle over McClouth and Reynolds.

sigh

MSK

Are you actually complaining this time or still making fun of people's perception of you? Because if you're being serious, I think it's clear why Duquette isn't spending big money. He doesn't have big money to spend.

At this point, I think the best option fo the O's is to trade for Willingham and t sign Youkilis to a 1 or 2 year deal. Preferably 1 with an option. Bring back Saunders. Not the upgrades I was hopng for. But this would give us a competitive team. Unfortunately, im not sure the O's are willing to spend what it would take to even do this.

1. Markakis RF

2. Youkilis 1B

3. Jones CF

4. Wiligham LF

5. Wieters C

6. Davis DH

7. Hardy SS

8. Machado 3B

9. Roberts/Casilla (IF Roberts has a good ST, he will lead off most likely. If so, just move everyone down a slot)

From Jim Duquette on Twitter

Jim Duquette ‏@Jim_Duquette

#Royals Ned Yost told us their goal was 2 NOT trade frm their major league club to improve their team. Not likely Butler will be moving #SXM

That messes up our meetings ....

Right ... because no manager ever lies to the media during meetings. Not saying the Royals DO plan to make a trade, but just because Yost said it to JDuquette doesn't mean there's any truth to what he said.

Michael Young is available.

Please, for the love of all things holy and sacred, no.

His "versatility" is a polite way of saying he has no position ? he hasn't been a regular starter at a defensive position in years because he has a defensive range of about six inches.

The brainless sheep in DFW who know nothing about baseball think he's some kind of star, but there are countless stories around here about his arrogance with fans and teammates. Bad player, bad dude, grossly overpriced. Hell no.

Yes, we have a "new" regime, but they are behaving like MacPhail and the gang.

Continue to watch other teams make some incredible signings while we haggle over McClouth and Reynolds.

sigh

MSK

Yes, Dan Haren, Shane Victorino, and Mike Napoli are all incredible signings at 13M a year. Honestly the only deal I like so far is Angel Pagans and I'm not that worried about missing out on him.

Dan Connolly ‏@danconnollysun

#Orioles have interest in both RHP Kevin Correia & OF Nate Schierholtz, acdg to source. They've had mult meetings with the duo's agents here

You cant make this crap up lol

I just had the image of a cop throwing his hands in the air yelling "NOTHING TO SEE HERE"! Seriously, why did PA even bother sending anyone from the FO to Nashville? We knew anything that did happen, wasn't anything big enough that couldn't be done over the phone. Don't we have enough SP that got demoted to the BP?

Yes, Dan Haren, Shane Victorino, and Mike Napoli are all incredible signings at 13M a year. Honestly the only deal I like so far is Angel Pagans and I'm not that worried about missing out on him.

Eh, i'd take Haren at that for only 1 year. Not like it's gonna be spent anywhere else, and with the way it's looking on the offensive improvement side, they will need all the pitching help they can get

I just had the image of a cop throwing his hands in the air yelling "NOTHING TO SEE HERE"! Seriously, why did PA even bother sending anyone from the FO to Nashville? We knew anything that did happen, wasn't anything big enough that couldn't be done over the phone. Don't we have enough SP that got demoted to the BP?

My image was Charles Barkley shaking his head and say "Man, that's turrible"

We can't possibly be considering those guys. I refuse to believe that Duquette would sign Correia over Saunders or Schierholtz over McLouth.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25516659&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>

http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25516659&topic_id=7417714

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=25516693&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>

My image was Charles Barkley shaking his head and say "Man, that's turrible"

We can't possibly be considering those guys. I refuse to believe that Duquette would sign Correia over Saunders or Schierholtz over McLouth.

Man, something we both agree on ;). It's scary if McLouth and Saunder's are going to be casualties of the budget. These guy's were supposed to be the fall backs if bigger moves fell through. Now, it seem's like they might not be back. That's speculating of course. Hope something gets worked out.

Eh, i'd take Haren at that for only 1 year. Not like it's gonna be spent anywhere else, and with the way it's looking on the offensive improvement side, they will need all the pitching help they can get

I wouldn't give Haren 13M guarenteed, maybe 10 with incentives. He's 32 and has a ton of innings on his arm also, he had a recurring injury last year and decreased velocity. Its not terrible because its a one year deal, but it could very easily be wasted money.

I wouldn't give Haren 13M guarenteed, maybe 10 with incentives. He's 32 and has a ton of innings on his arm also, he had a recurring injury last year and decreased velocity. Its not terrible because its a one year deal, but it could very easily be wasted money.

Yeah, back issues are unpredictable. I'm still hoping Saunder's is back. I don't like having to rely on Matusz/Arrieta/Britton/Hunte/Johnson for that 5th spot.

Archived