Lot of interest in Orioles young pitching. Has picked up last two days

Greg

He didn't say Tillman was a lock for the rotation for the same reason he didn't say Machado was a lock to start at third base. They both clearly are, but what good does it do to tell them that today? Make them work for it.

If you're going to insult Buck, at least have a real reason for it.

Tillman isn't but Gonzalez is??? Also my comments were directed at Buck and DD....and Dd's stupid comment about Pierce being our 1B.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck says when he got to Baltimore, there was a bit of a sense of entitlement.

Tillman has earned a spot in the rotation. You could argue he missed starts and spent the early part in the minors. Hammel and Chen both missed time... Hammel due to injury and Chen needed extra rest and performed poorly late in the season.as the tank was empty.

Tillman isn't but Gonzalez is??? Also my comments were directed at Buck and DD....and Dd's stupid comment about Pierce being our 1B.

When DD was talking last night he mentioned everybody but Gonzalez, including Steve Johnson. I wouldn't read to much into either of their comments.

Also, the comment about Pierce being our 1B would obviously be in a platoon situation. He has an .807 career OPS against lefties. Betemit, oddly enough, has an .824 career split against righties. They both have experience playing first base, and although Betemits a butcher Pearce is slightly above average defensively at first. If you were to put the two together, you would theoretically have over .800 OPS coming from the first base position with slightly below average defense at a cost of roughly $2mil. So DD's comment actually wasn't that stupid after all.

DON'T DOUBT THE MAN

Archived