Orioles are closing in on re-signing Nate McLouth accdg to multiple sources.

Greg

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Asked if he's still looking for 1B, Duquette mentioned again that Chris Davis can play there. As for DH, he mentioned Betemit and Valencia

Sign Sanchez or Jackson! And maybe Saunders...

Betemit/Valencia or Betemit/Pearce are both decent platoon options at DH. And since Valencia can back up IF positions or Pearce OF positions, you don't lose that much flexibility in terms of the bench spot.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a great story a healthy, productive Roberts could be. And I think he will be healthy, so that's at least 80% of the battle.

Exactly, if he can come back I'd love to see him in the 2 hole just because he can handle the bat so well when he's on. McClouth would/should get the nod early on for the 2 hole. McClouth can drive in runs, I'd like to see him further down in the order. 6 or 7 is a nice spot for him. He can either be a run producer or he can be the 2nd lead off man in the order. He gives you a poop ton of flexibility.

Haha, see to me, this is classic Duquette. He says he's ready to roll, but obviously he's just BSing. At least, that's my strong opinion. We've seen him say stuff like this before.

Agreed. Don't show his cards. I'd be very surprised if that is who they are really planning on rolling with at 1B/DH next year.

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Asked if he's still looking for 1B, Duquette mentioned again that Chris Davis can play there. As for DH, he mentioned Betemit and Valencia

This is just so he doesn't piss off his new acquisitions and hold over players. He knows where this team needs help and it's a 3 or 4 hitter. You need a professional hitter in this spot. Adding that one piece will make this lineup very different. When you have that one guy that you know can get you a hit, changes everyone's mentality hitting. I've just seen it happen too many times to not believe it.

Jays have improved, Rays have improved, Sox have arguably improved. We're putting a lot of faith in our guys being able to replicate last season's performance.

How have the Rays improved? They lost BJ Upton, they still have no catcher, not first baseman. Their offense struggled mightily last year without Longo, and on top of it all pretty much all of the money they had to commit to a player is one in one guy. They are still the class of the EAST but they haven't done anything that makes them "better" right now.

The Red Sox are plugging holes, they re making early 2000's Orioles moves right now. Victorino, Napoli and Gomes do not make them contenders.

The Jays are the only team that have made moves so far that you can honestly look at and say they should be significantly better going into next season. That is a big deal, and should be addressed as one. But I don't think this team suddenly forgets how to play baseball.

Archived