Yankees Not As Attractive Obviously

BillySmith

Anyone noticed that the Yanks have expressed interest in Scutaro, Keppinger, and Chavez and struck out on all three? Swisher will probably go and Soriano is already gone.

Given that the average age of their players is 57, maybe they should take a look at Tejada for shortstop?

It's going to be scary when the Yankees start spending their money on their system, draft picks and international free agents again. They got away from that in the recent past, signing and/or trading for expensive guys and putting together mercenary teams. If they get back to what they did in the 90's, with the payroll they can add when necessary, it'll be just like 1998 all over again.

It's going to be scary when the Yankees start spending their money on their system, draft picks and international free agents again. They got away from that in the recent past, signing and/or trading for expensive guys and putting together mercenary teams. If they get back to what they did in the 90's, with the payroll they can add when necessary, it'll be just like 1998 all over again.

Well the good news is they're capped on those draft picks and international prospects (not the intn'l free agents obviously) like everybody else. I'm guessing they'll just throw the money into improved scouting and player development though. But that's alot cheaper than overslots and $4million Dominican 16-year olds.

It looks like we'll finally have a fighter's chance now with DD at the helm. We're still screwed in free agency and the Yankees will reign supreme there again once they get out from under the luxury tax burden.

In the mean time,the Dodgers are taking over for the Yankees.

Anyone noticed that the Yanks have expressed interest in Scutaro, Keppinger, and Chavez and struck out on all three? Swisher will probably go and Soriano is already gone.

Given that the average age of their players is 57, maybe they should take a look at Tejada for shortstop?

They had no interest in Swisher. That era is over.

Saw some rumors on ESPN that although the Yankees aren't high on Reynolds, they may be considering him to fill the void at 3B.

Wouldn't that be something. I feel so torn about it because I don't really want to end up rooting against the guy.

Saw some rumors on ESPN that although the Yankees aren't high on Reynolds, they may be considering him to fill the void at 3B.

Wouldn't that be something. I feel so torn about it because I don't really want to end up rooting against the guy.

Having seen Reynolds play at 3B it would indeed be a void at 3B for the Yankees.

Archived