Offseason moves - Is McLouth the biggest one?

Guest hutch

Realistically, do people think that this is it for us? Just bringing in McLouth and some guys on minor league deals? Or is something big coming down the pipe?

If McLouth is the marquee signing, and the O's only spend 2 million at winter meetings, then the financial situation may be worse than previously thought....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Realistically, do people think that this is it for us? Just bringing in McLouth and some guys on minor league deals? Or is something big coming down the pipe?

If McLouth is the marquee signing, and the O's only spend 2 million at winter meetings, then the financial situation may be worse than previously thought....

It doesn't feel as if the Orioles are going to do much this off season.

DD and Buck have both stated - quite clearly - that they aren't signing anyone of note and that they will continue to explore internal options. No matter what big MOO bat comes along, even at a deal, they would rather ignore that and put all their energy toward signing McClouth. Possibly re-signing Reynolds.

The deals are going to be flying now. Did they let Endy Chavez walk? They can get him for a deal.

They've already said Betemit (BETEMIT) can DH.

Absurd.

MSK

Yeppirs. This is it. DD and Buck will do nothing else now till next offseason...:rolleyes:

No, there will be moves, let's see how much we improve our offense. We need a big bat. There are some available (as there are every year) and yet we let them go wherever else. They don't even try.

That's the infuriating part.

MSK

No, there will be moves, let's see how much we improve our offense. We need a big bat. There are some available (as there are every year) and yet we let them go wherever else. They don't even try.

MSK

Gee I guess you don't realize the sarcasm aspect of the roll eyes smiley?

MSK

I'm going to give it some time before I come to a hard and fast conclusion that Duquette = MacPhail = Flanagan = Thrift.

All indications point towards a trade happening, for whom and of what quality obviously remains to be seen. We keep hearing about Saunders being of interest as well. However, I doubt a Free Agent splash will be made.

Also, I am not sure why people think that payroll should skyrocket by $20 to $30 Million in one year. Payroll already is going to go up just keeping the arbitration players. Where is that extra money coming from? I know that I can't prove it doesn't exist, but no one can tell me for certain they know that extra money does exist.

Beware....your not allowed to criticize Mclouth on this board

Who has time for jokes when we're discussing the deadly serious issue of how the Orioles are never going to sign a good player ever again?

No ones saying that. But with all of the indications pointing towards no jump in payroll and nearly every team we might trade with being offered better packages than ours for their players, I think it's legitimate concern that the team we have now is, in effect, what the roster looks like on opening day.

No ones saying that. But with all of the indications pointing towards no jump in payroll and nearly every team we might trade with being offered better packages than ours for their players, I think it's legitimate concern that the team we have now is, in effect, what the roster looks like on opening day.

THIS!!!! :agree:

Then again, this occurs every single year.

MSK

Archived