Players I Could Not Root For If They Were An Oriole

warrior21

Having Pedroia on a list like this might make this one of the dumbest threads I've ever read on this site. Watching him bust his ass in the final series last season against the yanks when his entire team had quit told me everything about him as a competitor. I wish we had about 10 Pedroia's.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have another afternoon to kill, how about making a team of those players who actually were Orioles at one point and were hard to root for. For me, Reggie and Albert have to be on that team. Both made me a little queasy when they donned the orange and black.

Why Reggie, out of curiosity? He had a good year with us. I can see someone being unhappy with him for leaving, but why were you unhappy when he was on the team?

Having Pedroia on a list like this might make this one of the dumbest threads I've ever read on this site. Watching him bust his ass in the final series last season against the yanks when his entire team had quit told me everything about him as a competitor. I wish we had about 10 Pedroia's.

Thank you. As soon as I saw pedroia's name on the OP, I left the thread. But I came back and read all the posts here to see if people defended him. His gritty and competitive style of play would be amazing at second for the Os. I would welcome pedroia with open arms. That man can play ball.

I should know the answer to this question, but I'm stuck on the wrong coast. Why is Texiera so disliked in Baltimore? Is it just that a hometown guy chose the Yankees contract offer over the O's? Please tell me there's more to the story, I can't remember. Eddie Murray played with the freaking Dodgers and I don't hold THAT against him. :D

Good point. Add Starlin Castro to my list.

Starlin Castro

Yunel Escobar

Josh Lueke

Delmon Young gets an honorable mention.

We could probably add Alfredo Simon to that list as well. But that depends on how much faith you have in the Dominican justice system, I suppose.

Yunel is scum, but if Lueke was ever in the Orioles organization I wouldn't watch or go to a game until he was released.

What did Castro do? I must have missed that.

He was accused of sexual assault but, after doing some more research, looks like he was never charged and probably doesn't belong on my list with Lueke and Escobar. He's being demoted (promoted?) to my honorable mentions with Delmon Young.

The OP put together a pretty good list.

Swisher and Youk for sure. Dont want them under any circumstance to wear the black and orange. Not an anger problem. Not a hate issue. Just cant stand them and would not enjoy watching the O's every night with either one of them on our team.

As a Dallas Cowboy fan I had to stomach PrimeTime wearing the star. Sure we won Super Bowl XXX but having that world class jerk on the team tainted it a bit. Its no fun having to root for guys you cant stand. Its awful really. I'd rather get a root canal.

Just say NO to Swisher!

At first I thought Jeter and Tex. but I do respect their talent and they are great human beings.

ARod is out tho. I'm not overly hateful of users but he's the worst. Did them since high school. And he is a complete douche. Like the time he tried to knock the ball out running to first. Unfaithful to his wife (and who knows how many GFs after that. ) he is morally bereft.

Archived