Players I Could Not Root For If They Were An Oriole

warrior21

Good point. Add Starlin Castro to my list.

Yunel Escobar

Josh Lueke

Delmon Young and Starlin Castro get an honorable mention.

Yes, Yunel should definitely be on the list. Not sure how I missed him and ARod.

And as far as Pedroia, same as Jeter, great respect for the game and plays the right way, but simply a team thing. Had he come up with a different team, who knows.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of recent domestic abusers:

Brett Myers - drunkenly dragged his wife by her hair

Elijah Dukes - texted a photo of a gun to his wife

Wil Cordero - hit his girlfriend with a phone receiver, the second wife he allegedly roughed up.

Derek Lowe, Bobby Cox, Dmitri Young all on the list as well

This Deadspin article from 2008 listed a few more cases, including the roundly (and round) beloved Kirby Puckett.

ARod is out tho. I'm not overly hateful of users but he's the worst. Did them since high school. And he is a complete douche. Like the time he tried to knock the ball out running to first. Unfaithful to his wife (and who knows how many GFs after that. ) he is morally bereft.

arod_kissing_mirror.jpg

I'm calling BS on some of those ...

I agree with this. There are 50 major league players on that list. I can't imagine a fan of any team thinking to themselves "You know, I just couldn't root for these players if they played for the Indians/Mariners/Orioles/Phillies/Mets. etc. if any 50 of them donned our uniform."

I believe that some fans might have ... perhaps a handful of players that they couldn't (or would have a really hard time) root for, but 50 ??? No way.

I agree with this. There are 50 major league players on that list. I can't imagine a fan of any team thinking to themselves "You know, I just couldn't root for these players if they played for the Indians/Mariners/Orioles/Phillies/Mets. etc. if any 50 of them donned our uniform."

I believe that some fans might have ... perhaps a handful of players that they couldn't (or would have a really hard time) root for, but 50 ??? No way.

Guess you missed this part: "Others just slightly annoy me, but I needed to fill out the roster."

Guess you missed this part: "Others just slightly annoy me, but I needed to fill out the roster."

No, I didn't miss that part. The title of the thread states "Players I Could not Root for if they were an Oriole." It's an artificially inflated (and therefore superficial) list, and that's what the thread is all about.

No, I didn't miss that part. The title of the thread states "Players I Could not Root for if they were an Oriole." It's an artificially inflated (and therefore superficial) list, and that's what the thread is all about.

Wow man why so serious? Please forgive my slight hyperbole and sarcasm. I guess I misjudged how literal some would take it and how much others would misinterpret the intention of the list.

For those who got it, thank you for contributing more names that I didn't consider. Clearly those players whose off-the-field behavior was as reprehensible as some listed, they certain deserve. To be on the list.

Maybe I'll do a retired players list and a former-Oriole-who-I-didnt-enjoy-watching list. Just for those who have a sense of humor.

Wow man why so serious? Please forgive my slight hyperbole and sarcasm. I guess I misjudged how literal some would take it and how much others would misinterpret the intention of the list.

For those who got it, thank you for contributing more names that I didn't consider. Clearly those players whose off-the-field behavior was as reprehensible as some listed, they certain deserve. To be on the list.

Maybe I'll do a retired players list and a former-Oriole-who-I-didnt-enjoy-watching list. Just for those who have a sense of humor.

OK, my bad. Sorry.

Kirby Puckett's ex-wife says he tried to strangle her with an electrical cord and held a gun to her head.

Julio Lugo was jailed after beating his wife.

That is sad, shocking and just....all in all terrible. He's someone I wouldn't equate with such a thing...but I guess it's easy to be fooled sometimes. I'll never think of him the same.

I wish Kirby didn't do what he did. He was my favorite player growing up.

I don't hate any player, but the women abusers are close. ARod is a pompous metrosexual and Jeter is the same way. Didn't he give out gift baskets to the women he slept with? Including the same woman twice? And I can't stand how he holds his right hand up to the umpire.

I can't stand Clemens, Bonds, John Rocker (even though he realized that he was wrong), Gary Sheffield, Belle, Nyjer Morgan, when Jason Giambi was on the Spankees, Jose Offerman, and anybody who keeps getting busted for drugs or steroids. (Manny, Jeremy Jeffress, etc)

I don't understand any dislike for Jonny Gomes. Yeah, he's rough around the edges. But dude has lived a hard life. Dude is a lefty killer too. He would make for a good platoon DH.

Archived