Mark Reynolds signs with Cleveland

ChaosLex

We let Mark Reynolds go for 6 million? I know we have to have faith after what DD did last year, but you would have to be naive to accept this current roster as a satisfactory. Our offense was absolutely terrible for long stretches last year and we're supposed to be comfortable with Betemit/Valencia at DH and Davis playing at first?

Not only do I expect to be very disappointed by Davis's defense & the DH combo, but for McClouth to never replicate what he was able to do the last 2 months of this past season.

Very disappointing indeed. We better be working on making a deal to improve this team. If Angelos thought fans hated him before, wait till he sees the reaction of giving them false hope for one season and then being too cheap to improve the team and put them back in the cellar.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This makes me believe DD has something up his sleeve. I don't believe for a minute that he really wants to go into the season with Davis at first base.

My guess is that DD thinks he can get the same production for a fraction of the cost with Davis/Betemit/Reimold. Not sure I agree, but DD's a lot smarter than me.

The love for mark is a little crazy around here..... had he not hit like 10 he's in 15 games he would have had a terrible year. He plays a very awkward defense making some easy plays look like he did something crazy and strikes out far to much. I don't have the stats bit unthinkable he would have a very hard time qualifying for a top 10 AL 1st baseman.

Yes now he needs to be replaced but as far as position goes I am very confident Davis will outperform Reynolds.

I agree. Mark was a good player & will be missed but I think Davis can be as good. Prior to last season, Davis had a good reputation defensively. I think I saw here that someone said he had knee surgery to help his mobility. I think with a full offseason plus spring training, he can get back to that level. If so, the O's don't have to get tied down, necessarily to a full-time DH. Butler would be a nice exception.

I'll reserve judgement until it's clear who will be at 1B/DH/LF. Reynolds drove me insane with his strikeouts, but he really salvaged his career by becoming an outstanding defensive 1B. I hate to lose a productive player with no return, so I hope there's a big addition coming to the offense to justify letting him go. But not holding my breath.

Archived