Hardy weighs in on Reynolds

Frobby

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always sad to hear a player wanting to come back when he's a fan favorite and goes elsewhere because the team didn't want him. Reynolds wasn't a DD guy and he's trying to leave is imprint on this team. I don't begrudge DD wanting someone else, but he needs to bring in someone. If we're left to fill the hole with internal options I will be angry.

People.............this is Duquettes reputation from Boston. Great at X's and O's but not a people person. Gets lots of people furious at him.

I will live with that if we win.................just win baby. I'm tired of being respectable losers.

It does seem like he lacks people skills. I think it is easier to deal players and let them go when there isn't an emotional attachment. He cannot be a fan and do his job objectively.

I like the way he constructs the ball club. It is easy to go out and buy players and exciting for fans. I think he enjoys what I call Subtle Ball, look for hungry guys (players with something to play for), depth, switch hitters, that play multiple positions.

We'll see how long it takes before he burns too many bridges. Hopefully it is not too soon.

People.............this is Duquettes reputation from Boston. Great at X's and O's but not a people person. Gets lots of people furious at him.

I will live with that if we win.................just win baby. I'm tired of being respectable losers.

Agree. This is a business not a country club. If Reynolds had a good season, he would probably be back. Clearly, Duquette thinks he can find someone better, either through platoon or someone not on the roster.

That's not a really SSS actually. Jones played in all 162 games last year and only ended up with 161 ABs vs. LHPs.

And DD isn't banking on Valencia exclusively- he added Jackson and re-signed Pearce. Also, Reimold figures to get some ABs as a RH DH.

Really? Because when I mentioned Reimold's reverse platoon split last week I was told that it should be ignored and a regular split should be assumed due to insufficient sample size.

Really? Because when I mentioned Reimold's reverse platoon split last week I was told that it should be ignored and a regular split should be assumed due to insufficient sample size.

He's just another option. If Valencia, Jackson, and Pearce all fail for some reason, which I don't expect, he's still better than letting Meat face lefties.

Based on Jones' ABs vs. LHPs in 2012 as an example, 326 PAs isn't terribly small- it's almost 2 seasons' worth of PAs. Reimold may even out over time, or he might not. I hope we get to find out though.

"It will be interesting to see what happens." Indicates to me that Hardy expects another move to be made to bring someone in who can replace the MR production. Despite what happened two years ago I think there is a lot to adding to team in a manner as to improve the Outlook of your other players. Optimism is a powerful tool, and I would hate to see the momentum of the current players curbed by a percieved lack of action to improve the club.

No doubt DD is a Goober, but we were supposedly in constant contact with Mclouth. It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, you don't want to dump them too hard, but you really don't want to give them too much room and hear from them after the breakup. Mclouth was cheap to keep and MR wasn't.

Archived