Hamilton gets 5 years from Angels...Trumbo available.

Roll Tide

Yes. It is quite disgusting.

Teams like the 2012 O's are largely an anomaly.

The sport is broken IMO. This is partly why the NFL now dominates. "Any given sunday". No such thing as that in baseball.

At a certain point it becomes ridiculous and you have to ask yourself what is the point.

This is a piece of NFL propaganda that needs a closer look. No baseball team wins the same percentage of games as the top NFL teams. This is true year after year. Today five NFL teams are over .700 and two are over .800.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a piece of NFL propaganda that needs a closer look. No baseball team wins the same percentage of games as the top NFL teams. This is true year after year. Today five NFL teams are over .700 and two are over .800.

They also only play a 16 game season. So winning % is going to be skewed compared to MLB.

Trumbo would be a decent add. I think that part of the difficulty the O's have run into in terms of making a trade for a bat is that every teams knows they have Bundy and Machado and is thus asking for one of them in most deals. The O's are rightfully resistant to that idea. The next tier of Oriole prospects/players they could or would be willing to trade just does not stack up to what other organizations may have to offer. Trumbo again is a guy who is not worth moving Bundy or Machado for but without including one of those guys, I just do not see the O's having the pieces to outbid other teams with better mid level/low end top prospects.

I get not wanting to spend 125 million on Hamilton. That said I also find myself frustrated as I see a team that with a few strategic additions could take the next step IMO. Its not so much that the O's have taken a step back so much as it seems to me that they have kinda treaded water at best. In MLB thats essentially the same as taking a step back when the other teams competing for limited playoff spots have done things to improve. I dunno maybe Reimold will stay healthy and go wild hitting 30 HR and turn himself into this years Chris Davis (guy with potential who puts it together) and DD will look like a genius again. Somehow though in baseball karma has a way of equalizing things out. 2011 was a horrible year with bad luck. 2012 was a wonderful year and yes we were fortunate at times if we are being honest. As things stand now, if the O's do not add one bat and a SP, IMO they will be a competitive team but not one that will repeat the success in getting to the post season. Say 80-85 wins area.

Gausman gets Trumbo. Schoop does not.

I don't think Trumbo is much more than a glorified Chris Davis. It's not a trade I'd make.

Gausman may not be traded. And he is not a player to be named later. That does not happen with number four picks.

Enough of this passive aggressive sarcasm. I want to see a full on meltdown. What about the meek and frightened posters that you're carrying the water for? Their voice must be heard.

MUST be heard. Passively. Ok, aggressively. No wait. Passively.

Trumbo would be a decent add. I think that part of the difficulty the O's have run into in terms of making a trade for a bat is that every teams knows they have Bundy and Machado and is thus asking for one of them in most deals. The O's are rightfully resistant to that idea. The next tier of Oriole prospects/players they could or would be willing to trade just does not stack up to what other organizations may have to offer. Trumbo again is a guy who is not worth moving Bundy or Machado for but without including one of those guys, I just do not see the O's having the pieces to outbid other teams with better mid level/low end top prospects.

I get not wanting to spend 125 million on Hamilton. That said I also find myself frustrated as I see a team that with a few strategic additions could take the next step IMO. Its not so much that the O's have taken a step back so much as it seems to me that they have kinda treaded water at best. In MLB thats essentially the same as taking a step back when the other teams competing for limited playoff spots have done things to improve. I dunno maybe Reimold will stay healthy and go wild hitting 30 HR and turn himself into this years Chris Davis (guy with potential who puts it together) and DD will look like a genius again. Somehow though in baseball karma has a way of equalizing things out. 2011 was a horrible year with bad luck. 2012 was a wonderful year and yes we were fortunate at times if we are being honest. As things stand now, if the O's do not add one bat and a SP, IMO they will be a competitive team but not one that will repeat the success in getting to the post season. Say 80-85 wins area.

Last year the O's added Saunders, McLouth and Machado late in the season. That really made the team take off. The O's could add players in the 2nd half again with Bundy, Gausman and Schoop being ready at some point. Plus what ever else DD comes up with. So I am not sure the O's have to force the issue by adding players before OD. We know that DD will always be looking for the right fit to add but I really don't want to see the O's trade young pitching for a one year rental which is what Morales would be.

Not in the first restricted year. Not at all. I meant for all the folks who want to trade, Tillman, Bundy, Gausman. You know, those folks.

I know what you meant. I was ripping Towers for giving away a #3 pick that made it to the majors in a year for a glove first shortstop whose bat might not ever develop.

Does this move make anyone else sick?

Not because the Orioles missed him, I'm not concerned with that. Something is wrong when one team can throw around this type of money, yet the Astros entire payroll is comparable to one year of this deal.

Why? It is not my money so I don't care that someone can

do that. I couldn't care less. I know some seem worried that

a small market like Houston can't do that kind of deal but

LA area a large market can. I just don't worry about stuff

like that.

Last year the O's added Saunders, McLouth and Machado late in the season. That really made the team take off. The O's could add players in the 2nd half again with Bundy, Gausman and Schoop being ready at some point. Plus what ever else DD comes up with. So I am not sure the O's have to force the issue by adding players before OD. We know that DD will always be looking for the right fit to add but I really don't want to see the O's trade young pitching for a one year rental which is what Morales would be.

Totally agree. Really have no interest in Morales unless the price is so cheap its impossible to pass up. One year rentals are not the answer. Would much prefer to see what Davis can bring to the table than go with Morales.

Trumbo is a different scenario. Being under club control until 2017/2018 (I think thats right) he is an attractive option to a cost conscious team. Unfortunately I doubt the Angels even discuss moving him unless Machado or Bundy were involved and at that point as far as I am concerned....its thanks but no thanks. I kinda doubt that the Angels would move him for one or two of the cavalry + ... My guess is they will hold on to him until someone desperate enough to overpay comes along. He is young and cheap so no rush to move him.

Archived