Kendrys Morales

Bohs&O's

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
last year was his comeback year. in his last full season before the injury, he hit .306 with 34 homers. And BTW, he's only 29. I'd take him in a second.

Those #'s would make him our best hitter! Would like to see him manning 1st for the O's.

last year was his comeback year. in his last full season before the injury, he hit .306 with 34 homers. And BTW, he's only 29. I'd take him in a second.

This is where I'm at. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Kendrys go crazy this year. Even though his BABIP dropped 65 points in the second half, his OPS went up by 59 points.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Morales still #Angels player most likely to go. Desired return: Innings-eating SP. Morales won't get qualifying offer as FA at end of '13.

Looks like it would take one of Britton, Arrieta or Tillman to land Morales, Arrieta maybe the one.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Morales still #Angels player most likely to go. Desired return: Innings-eating SP. Morales won't get qualifying offer as FA at end of '13.

Looks like it would take one of Britton, Arrieta or Tillman to land Morales, Arrieta maybe the one.

If they want an innings eater they won't want any of those three.

Morales is Betemit with a littler more power. He doesn't hit LHP all that well. Don't see the point. We let Reynolds go IMO because we weren't able to take advantage of Betemit's value with Reynolds on 1B and Davis the primary DH. Reynolds as a RH platoon at DH wouldn't have been worth the 6M he got from Cleveland. I think they need to find a RH platoon partner who can hit RHP decently.

Morales is Betemit with a littler more power. He doesn't hit LHP all that well. Don't see the point. We let Reynolds go IMO because we weren't able to take advantage of Betemit's value with Reynolds on 1B and Davis the primary DH. Reynolds as a RH platoon at DH wouldn't have been worth the 6M he got from Cleveland. I think they need to find a RH platoon partner who can hit RHP decently.

I agree with this. We need a guy who mashes LHP. Giving up a SP for something we already have is a bad idea.

Ummm... I don't think Wilson Betemit ever hit .306/.355/.569 in 566 ABs. Because that's what Kendrys did in '09.

I would be highly in favor of acquiring a hitter of his quality. Someone who can hit for a decent average is something the O's only have in Markakis and Jones.

Morales is not that old, but 2009 was a long time ago. He's be an upgrade over Betemit, but having both on the same team would be kind of pointless.

Ummm... I don't think Wilson Betemit ever hit .306/.355/.569 in 566 ABs. Because that's what Kendrys did in '09.

I would be highly in favor of acquiring a hitter of his quality. Someone who can hit for a decent average is something the O's only have in Markakis and Jones.

Last season Morales hit: .280 325 .466 .791 vs RHP. Betemit: .302 .357 .502 .859. We are looking for a RH bat to go with Betemit's

Morales is not close to the player he was pre leg shatter and three operations. That said, I would still take him ;)

Archived