Would you have wanted the Orioles to spend 5/$125 on Josh Hamilton?

Frobby

Would you have wanted the Orioles to spend 5/$125 mm on Josh Hamilton?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have wanted the Orioles to spend 5/$125 mm on Josh Hamilton?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. I have no issue with the Orioles not going hard after Hamilton. I do not think these high priced FA's are the path to long term success. I would rather they traded vets for more youth and depth. My problem is that they apparently have no plan at all, or maybe the plan is to do nothing. Which will not end well.

Tough question to answer. For instance, if it takes money away from being able to re-sign Wieters, no. If the money isn't going to be spent anywhere else and helps the club build upon the momentum they got from last year, why not.

I said yes.

What you are saying is that you are ok with it if it doesn't affect the rest of the budget? That is an odd position.

Nope. They shouldn't have let Reynolds walk.

Exactly the way I feel. I just do not get it. No draft pick compensation, cheap, power, good guy, well liked by his teammates, good defense at first. Lets see DD replace that without spending a hell of a lot more.

yes. It's not my money. I would love to see PA spend his money and his grand kids money. I could care less if any owner makes a profit. I just want to see a great team

He's made a killing since 93 but the Homers here don't care.

Archived