Peter Angelos...Good owner or Bad owner.

OsLuvrInKy

Is Peter Angelos a good MLB team owner?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is Peter Angelos a good MLB team owner?

• YES he is a good owner
    • NO he is not a good owner

The question is a very simple one brought on by all the accusations I see on here that this board loves and defends Peter Angelos.

Is Peter Angelos a good owner of a Major League Baseball team, specifically the Orioles owner.

Answers are just as easy.....

YES--He is a good owner

NO--He is not a good owner

Before you blast me for starting this, I have met Peter many times at charity events mostly and know many people who do speak highly of him as a man, an attorney and a philanthropist. I do know he cares about Baltimore but that is not part of the question. I don't care about those Pete's just Peter the owner.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The question is a very simple one brought on by all the accusations I see on here that this board loves and defends Peter Angelos.

Is Peter Angelos a good owner of a Major League Baseball team, specifically the Orioles owner.

Answers are just as easy.....

YES--He is a good owner

NO--He is not a good ownerR

Before you blast me for starting this, I have met Peter many times at charity events mostly and know many people who do speak highly of him as a man, an attorney and a philanthropist. I do know he cares about Baltimore but that is not part of the question. I don't care about those Pete's just Peter the owner.

He is better than some and not as good as others. I will

have to leave it at that.

Bad owner but not as bad as some on here make him out to be. He is much less involved in what's going on with Duquettes decisions right now then he used to be. I think he really wants a winning team in Baltimore. I think he wants Orioles fans to see a playoff team. I think he wants to do it the right way and not spend a zillion dollars on free agents that don't deserve what they are getting. All the quotes from him show that he does not like how much free agents get, and that he wants to try to control the free agent spending. A lot of people take that as him pocketing money instead of spending it on the team. I take it as him not wanting to pay a 39 year old average player 25 million dollars and I'm okay with that.

I do know that I am in the very, very few minority when it comes to this. I am not trying to defend Angelos. We have not won with him as owner. I would not give out some of the contracts that some on here want to give out though, which is why I can't completely bash the guy for not topping the contracts that Hamilton, Fielder, Pujols, or many otherse have gotten.

Look, Angelos has his flaws, as does every owner, president, CEO, executive, what have you (yes Angelos' flaws are magnified).

The one thing that Angelos did that probably no other owner would have done is SAVE THE ORIOLES. He kept us in Baltimore. Now for the other things.....well.....you know.

I can actually agree with this to an extent. To me he is better than Loria of the Marlins. Unfortunately to me he is worse than the majority of the owners out there.

Even if he did spend on Hamilton and a TOR there is still

no guarantee the team will make the playoffs. The Dodgers

spent

but they didn't make the playoffs. Giants didn't spend

but the won the WS.

One other thing that I have always loved about Peter Angelos, and it's a VERY small thing, but it was keeping the Camden Yards name. He could have very easily made it Pepsi field and pocketed more millions of dollars.

Agree with this. Could not stand it if was called Under Armour field or something stupid like that.

Archived