2012 DVD coming out

Greg

We're quickly reaching the point where it'll be looked at as kind of ridiculous that people spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on physical media that they used one or two or or three times. Then had to buy it all over when the next generation of physical media comes out. Even music... why would you have crates of CDs cluttering up your house (and cassettes shoved away in your garage of the same stuff) when you can fit a lifetime of music on a player that will fit in your pocket? None of that has to have any copy restrictions on it. The era of intrusive copy protection on music is essentially over.

We're already to the point where your kid can be watching Top Gun on his tablet long before Dad can find his DVD of the movie in the stack of junk in his garage.

Looks like I'll have to buy the White Album again.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having finally gotten the DVD, I can now finally gotten the DVD. In sum, it was a very, very good DVD. The production was fantastic, it covered most of the bases that I would have wanted a DVD about the 2012 Orioles to do, and overall, I think most fans would enjoy it. Yes, there's a little too much Hunter talking, but he's legitimately good at what he does when given the proper forum for it, and this is it. My only real gripe with the DVD is I would have liked more player interviews, or interviews with Buck, sort of as perspective on what they were thinking in certain moments, or looking back on situations that happened and what it felt like in that moment. Other than the player interviews from the MASN broadcasts there weren't any interviews to be had. I would have liked to have seen something like that, but the DVD is still fine without them. I also would have liked the Glad You Came video as an extra, but who knows, maybe there was some contractual release issue with it. Either way, you can find it for free on YouTube. All in all it was frustrating to wait as long as I did, but I'm pleased with the results.

MJ's estate owns the rights to the music, I don't think that effects royalties from the sale of the albums.

You're right. It's generally a 50/50 split between publishing rights and songwriters, as far as how royalties are paid out. I don't know what the specific arrangement is with the Beatles but I would imagine it's something close to this. Paul is getting paid regardless, even if it's not the full amount.

Everyone's talking about publishing rights and not recognizing this as a Men In Black quote? Not sure whether to :laughlol: or :clap3:.

It works both ways. :P

Holy crap! My Stones Some Girls cutout LP and Led Zepp 3 twirly cover are worth some bucks! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching this before giving it to my father and wanted to provide my feedback:

Enjoy it of course. Particularly like how they broke out the season by the various statues. Nice touch there.

I do wish they would have gotten someone else to narrate to go along with Jim Hunter. At times, I tuned out. Not because I don't like Jim Hunter, but because I couldn't tell one moment or game from the next.

I also liked how they put the fans who came to Camden Yards after the loss at the very end. Very cool.

P.S.-Nate McClouth sure had a lot of big plays for us in 2012. Gotta love that guy.

Archived