Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

Fair to say we would have needed to trade Bundy or Gausman to get Dickey based off of what Toronto is giving?

Not worth it in the least the O's have much higher upside in any of their current prospects than could be expected in a trade involving dealing.those prospects

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dickey is not going to sign an extension with Toronto in my opinion. If he was he would have done it by now. The Jays know what kind of money he wanted from the Mets. The price is probably going way up to go to Canada. Not everyone wants to cross the border and play there. The Mets can find a team in the U.S. he would agree to a trade with. It's not complicated. If Toronto wants him bad enough they will take him for one year. If you are Toronto do you still want him if he doesn't want to extend with you? I wouldn't but Toronto is trying to win in 2013 it appears.

Not sure I agree. Toronto is one of the great cities of the world. Also, Dickey is in the twilight of his career (I hope) so being able to win is probably important. TOR knows they have to pay premiun for every free agent they sign to cover taxes, etc. They have deep pocket ownership, so money is not a problem. Negotiations take as long as the time they are given. This deal will happen, IMO. Too bad, would have loved to have him in orange and black.

Dickey is not going to sign an extension with Toronto in my opinion. If he was he would have done it by now. The Jays know what kind of money he wanted from the Mets. The price is probably going way up to go to Canada. Not everyone wants to cross the border and play there. The Mets can find a team in the U.S. he would agree to a trade with. It's not complicated. If Toronto wants him bad enough they will take him for one year. If you are Toronto do you still want him if he doesn't want to extend with you? I wouldn't but Toronto is trying to win in 2013 it appears.

Dickey agrees to 2 year, 25 M extension with Toronto

Oops

Archived