Here goes

bigbird

The problem is, teams won't be moving Adam Jones type players at the deadline because they will be contributing to their ML team.

Much better chance of getting a young MLer or ML ready talent right now than in July.

In July, we may get a more talented package(potentially) but that may be a package of players a year or more away from contributing up here.

Wouldn’t this be fitting in light of what MacPhail said, that we will not be ready to contend until 2010? If he thinks he can get (potentially) better talent that will be ready by his target date, then I can see why he doesn’t seem concerned about trading Bedard right now.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn’t this be fitting in light of what MacPhail said, that we will not be ready to contend until 2010? If he thinks he can get (potentially) better talent that will be ready by his target date, then I can see why he doesn’t seem concerned about trading Bedard right now.

But you can't trade your best chip for a bunch of guys who are 2-3 years away.

It just doesn't make sense.

You have to get ML ready players now...That way in another few years, they have that much more experience and they can be ready to take us to that level in 2010.

Remember, he wants us to start contending in 2010...If you are just bringing up guys at that point, contending isn't going to happen. That isn't contending until 2012 or 2013.

Yeah, but do the Rangers really have something that compares to Cueto/Bailey and Votto to go along with Hamilton?

I say NO. As I posted earlier in this thread, I would do the Bailey Cueto and Votto thread in a minute, but I seriously doubt they are an the table anymore.

No they don't but they may be willing to give up 4 or 5 players and AM may feel that is more important.

That would be an incredibly stupid trade for both the O's and Rangers. Naturally, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if both teams are discussing it right now. :rolleyes:

Maybe Volquez the pitcher coming back from the Rangers is going to be added into Cinncinati's deal for Bedard as the fourth player. We obviously have been talking to the Rangers about a Bedard deal so we would know about Volquez. It is too bad Hamilton is being branded high risk. AM has to play it safe. If he gambled and lost with Hamilton he would never hear the end of it.

Bailey, Votto, Keppinger and Volquez for Bedard. Do it tonight!

Maybe Volquez the pitcher coming back from the Rangers is going to be added into Cinncinati's deal for Bedard as the fourth player. We obviously have been talking to the Rangers about a Bedard deal so we would know about Volquez. It is too bad Hamilton is being branded high risk. AM has to play it safe. If he gambled and lost with Hamilton he would never hear the end of it.

Bailey, Votto, Keppinger and Volquez for Bedard. Do it tonight!

I see the logic in thinking that the Reds traded with the Rangers to make a deal with the O's, but if that were true why not just make a three way trade?

I see the logic in thinking that the Reds traded with the Rangers to make a deal with the O's, but if that were true why not just make a three way trade?

AFAIK, most of the few trades that are 3-ways happen like this.

First there's one trade, then a couple days later there's another.

When the O's got Frank, it was 3 trades involving 4 teams and 7 players.

They spanned 8 days. AM's Daddy did all 3 of them.

Not saying that's what's up here, but that's how multi-team trades often work.

bailey and cueto was never on the table together, it was one or the other.

Yet everyone keeps talking about all of the great offers we've been getting and why doesn't Andy pull the trigger.

Just as I thought. The offers just haven't been there as of yet.

Good points! It's complicated today making trades. We obviously have to make room on our roster and we have to submit paperwork to the league office. I think AM is going to want everything perfect when he makes his deals.

As everyone knows that hangs on every post and follows OH hourly the Roberts and Bedard trades are going to play a major role in our future. Granted Payton, Huff, Hernandez, Mora and Gibbons will leave for younger players as well and we might be able to get a couple of sleepers out of those deals. Our future is riding on the Roberts and Bedard deals. I think AM will deliver for us.

Archived