Britt: O's have spoken with 6 teams about a MOO bat

ChaosLex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curious...what would you do if the Orioles had a winning season in 2013 without a big sexy trade or FA signing?

I would do what I did last season, watch every single game if possible. Spend money on more Orioles gear and go to as many games as I can comfortably afford despite living in Los Angeles.

MSK

I think that it is tough to make trades when you have an uber prospect in your system like Bundy. Others teams usually want the top prospect in your organization if they are giving up all-star level production.

Now if we had a more balanced farm system, like a few position players and pitchers in the BA top 50 (instead of just Bundy at the very top and Gausman - who can't technically be traded), then I think making a trade is much easier. I don't think too many GM's want to be known as the guy who traded away the number 1 prospect in all of baseball. Does anyone know the last time that happened was?

I would do what I did last season, watch every single game if possible. Spend money on more Orioles gear and go to as many games as I can comfortably afford despite living in Los Angeles.

MSK

... and then come back here in the offseason and tell everyone how we were just lucky and still need a MOO and a TOR starter?

Do you think DD actually calls up teams and uses MOO when speaking with other GMs?

"Hey, it's Dan with the Orioles...yeah, thanks, it was a great year...listen, I'd like to talk to you about trading some of our young arms for a MOO bat...yes, a MOO bat..."

I think it would be better if he used one of these when talking about a MOO il_fullxfull.188560130.jpg

Knowing the Orioles luck Dan would accidentaly play the sheep instead and we would wind up with a Baaaaaaaaaaad player:wedge:

Ugh the offseason is so boring.

MSK

That can get very expensive. But good

for you that can support the team long

distance.

Do you think DD actually calls up teams and uses MOO when speaking with other GMs?

"Hey, it's Dan with the Orioles...yeah, thanks, it was a great year...listen, I'd like to talk to you about trading some of our young arms for a MOO bat...yes, a MOO bat..."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-8v8smaXYXvto86XnwcepEIgxcax-G1I2ac0LCM3VZYgGobiPSjBdSV6jOA

Yes the Orioles were looking at Michael Young to be a PT DH.

Thats hiliarous!

Why? He's older, can barely hit righties anymore, and looks increasingly poor in the field. If they ate some of the contract, I could see him as a RH DH/UIF. Jim Thome was basically a part-time LH DH the last few years, and he's a surefire, first ballot HOFer.

Archived