Britt: O's have spoken with 6 teams about a MOO bat

ChaosLex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? He's older, can barely hit righties anymore, and looks increasingly poor in the field. If they ate some of the contract, I could see him as a RH DH/UIF. Jim Thome was basically a part-time LH DH the last few years, and he's a surefire, first ballot HOFer.

Be realistic, Young still wants to play. Hes playing 3B for the Phillies. He had a no trade clause. This is not MLB2k13.

I think it would be better if he used one of these when talking about a MOO.

Knowing the Orioles luck Dan would accidentaly play the sheep instead and we would wind up with a Baaaaaaaaaaad player:wedge:

Ugh the offseason is so boring.

Better a baaad player than a big c........uh, rooster.

Making those kinds of calls could land Dan on some "don't move within 500 feet of a school" lists.

Be realistic, Young still wants to play. Hes playing 3B for the Phillies. He had a no trade clause. This is not MLB2k13.

All I said was that it may have been discussed briefly because there was a logical fit for both teams, not that it was ever close to happening or that Young even had a chance to consider it.

And 2K sucks- The Show is where it's at. ;)

If we are seriously pursuing a DH-type, the one guy I see us getting is Willingham. He gets on base, hits for power, and mashes lefties.

I know he's going into his age 34 season, but I think his skill set will play out very well for the next 2 seasons.

That .366 OBP would fit very nicely with DD's stated preferences. Interestingly, he's sandwiched between the great Solly Hemus and the great JJ Hardy in the Fan EloRater rankings on Baseball Reference... at #788 all time. That's some quality MOO right there.

I do believe he can be a PTBNL.

And that NEVER happens. Not with a #4 pick. He would have to train as an Oriole, play as an Oriole. Train as an Oriole and be the property of another teams. What if he got injured. Would you have to give them Bundy or Machado? It is just insane to even discuss it. /Gausmanrant :)

And that NEVER happens. Not with a #4 pick. He would have to train as an Oriole, play as an Oriole. Train as an Oriole and be the property of another teams. What if he got injured. Would you have to give them Bundy or Machado? It is just insane to even discuss it. /Gausmanrant :)

Just two seasons ago the Indians traded Pomeranz as a PTBNL since he wasn't eligible yet.

Never said to trade him unless it was a no-brainer trade. However everyone keeps saying he cannot be traded. I am fairly sure he could be a PTBNL. That is all.

He can be traded. It would be the most insane trade ever, because he essential would have to sit out the season. But he could be traded. You are absolutely right. He can be.

Archived