Britt: O's have spoken with 6 teams about a MOO bat

ChaosLex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was all excited about trading for Butler but now that the Royals went out and traded for Shields and Wade Davis, I doubt they move any of their MLB hitters. Would be very stupid of them.

However, I can see Minnesota moving Willingham and they want young pitching (see trades of Revere and Span). I would do Jake Arrieta and a young pitcher like Clayton Schrader for Willingham and Minnesota would be foolish to pass that up.

I can see us trading for Michael Cuddyer as well. I'm not sure why Washington would want to move Morse. He can be a very powerful bat and they are going to be defending their NL East crown.

In all seriousness, why do all the anti-trade, anti-FA-signing folks take this so personally?

It's like the very idea of making improvements via that route is offensive to so many here.

MSK

I want to make a trade. I want to sign a FA. I want an improved team. So I guess I don't qualify.

July 31, 2011. I think he was a PTBNL for one day right?

He had like two weeks where he knew he was leaving the organization to go to Colorado. Not saying it's likely to happen with Gausman or anything just saying it has happened before.

In all seriousness, why do all the anti-trade, anti-FA-signing folks take this so personally?

It's like the very idea of making improvements via that route is offensive to so many here.

MSK

Noone is anti-trade or anti-FA. We are anti- 125M to a 32 year old drug recoverer who has never played in more then 140 games, and we are anti-trade your entire farm system for two years of a player.

MSK

I'm pretty sure there's nobody on the board (and no fan in baseball) who is anti-trade and anti-FA signing.

He had like two weeks where he knew he was leaving the organization to go to Colorado. Not saying it's likely to happen with Gausman or anything just saying it has happened before.

Absolutely. You are very right. To expand this to Seven Months would be different though. Don't you think?

MSK

I mean this in all seriousness, not trying to bad mouth you, but I think people are mostly just sick of your routine. You lump everyone who doesn't agree with you into one pile, and change their argument to suit your purpose. That's why people don't like you on here. If you didn't do that all the time, and tried to have actual conversations, then people would be willing to have discussions with you. Take it for what you will, but to me you come across as someone who's just trying to rile people up on the internet.

MSK

All I have ever meant when disagreeing with you

don't trade Bundy for a Hamilton type player. I

believe you don't improve the team that way.

We will just have to agree to disagree on

how the O's can be improved.

With our need for an RH DH, I wouldn't be shocked if we had some preliminary discussions with Texas about Michael Young.

I would have puked violently if that had happened. Thank god it didn't (and I still can't see why Philly wanted him, but he's their problem now).

1. It never would have happened, because the fact that Michael Young is 168 years old means he had the 10/5 no-trade protection, and supposedly the reason he OK'ed the trade to the Phillies is because the Rangers told him his at-bats would be limited this year, and he got his feelings hurt, saying he wants a run AT THE HALL OF FAME (which also made me puke), and thinks get 600 or so ABs in Philadelphia would do that.

2. He's unbelievably overrated, having pieced together a few nice seasons as an overpaid slap hitter who did nada this year.

3. He's a whiny crybaby who would shred the chemistry and karma Showalter has built in the Baltimore clubhouse. Young is a me-first diva who thinks the world revolves around him, and the great team players (Hardy, Jones, Weiters, etc.) and ruin the attitudes of the young guys. I wouldn't let that guy get within 1,000 miles of Manny Machado.

Have fun with this (@^%#$l, Phillies.

Yeah - you got him good there. Ugh.

Ugh. I guess you're not sick of the schtick yet.

I get it. He thinks we were lucky last year. In many aspects we were. He thinks we should be going after a FA or making a big trade. I get it. So do I. Now what? Storm the warehouse and demand DD does something? Just because I give DD the benefit of the doubt when he says things like "they're just not valuing our young pitchers as much as we do" doesn't mean I'm wearing orange colored glasses. We probably could have given up Bundy for Butler (or something similar) and been a favorite to make the playoffs in 2013, but I respect that DD didn't want to do that for the betterment of the future. PA probably could have ponied up $125m for Hamilton without blinking, but he didn't. Now what? Whine and complain?

Sorry we don't all want to join the bash fest. The team did win 93 games last year.

I would have puked violently if that had happened. Thank god it didn't (and I still can't see why Philly wanted him, but he's their problem now).

1. It never would have happened, because the fact that Michael Young is 168 years old means he had the 10/5 no-trade protection, and supposedly the reason he OK'ed the trade to the Phillies is because the Rangers told him his at-bats would be limited this year, and he got his feelings hurt, saying he wants a run AT THE HALL OF FAME (which also made me puke), and thinks get 600 or so ABs in Philadelphia would do that.

2. He's unbelievably overrated, having pieced together a few nice seasons as an overpaid slap hitter who did nada this year.

3. He's a whiny crybaby who would shred the chemistry and karma Showalter has built in the Baltimore clubhouse. Young is a me-first diva who thinks the world revolves around him, and the great team players (Hardy, Jones, Weiters, etc.) and ruin the attitudes of the young guys. I wouldn't let that guy get within 1,000 miles of Manny Machado.

Have fun with this (@^%#$l, Phillies.

I never said that I wanted it to happen. I merely said that I wouldn't be shocked if it was discussed superficially prior to the trade to the Phillies.

Archived