Nick Swisher's Bat Fits Us Like a Glove (Update: Indians sign Swisher)

Frobby

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I totally agree. He costs a pick, so even if his price drops I'd doubt Duquette would get involved, but he's easily the best fit of any free agent (including the ones who have already signed).

Orioles will NOT be interested and not because he costs them a pick....it's because he will cost them money. Latest reports on Swisher do not even mention the Orioles. Why post these speculative threads about players the Orioles have zero chance of signing?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1450740-nick-swisher-indians-attention-to-detail-makes-them-front-runner-to-land-rf

Orioles will NOT be interested and not because he costs them a pick....it's because he will cost them money. Latest reports on Swisher do not even mention the Orioles. Why post these speculative threads about players the Orioles have zero chance of signing?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1450740-nick-swisher-indians-attention-to-detail-makes-them-front-runner-to-land-rf

Because no free agent ever signs with a team he wasn't linked to.

Sent from my iPhone using ninja skills.

Dude, I didn't say it was a big deal for me. There have been plenty of rumblings about it being a sticking point with the front office in regards to interest in LaRoche. So one would have to assume it applies to all players.

In regards to his douchebag image, I submit this quote from googling "Nick Swisher Affliction". Link

Re: This draft class. I do believe it is a little down, but its early still. However, the chances of any 24th pick exceeding Swish's value in the next 3 years is HIGHLY unlikely.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_article/analyzing-the-mlb-draft-using-war/

The fact that he wore it at all says enough. :davearm:

Sent from my iPhone using ninja skills.

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Nick Swisher giving serious consideration to 4-year$52mm offer from Indians....preferred LAD,LAA,NYY because of wife acting but not avail

Looks like if the Os want him, they will have to overpay... so we can pretty much assume this is not happening...

whos next?

Swisher will be Cleveland's Roger Dorn.

I didn't say the Orioles would be interested. I didn't say they'd spend the money. I said they should.

I didn't start this thread, and I loathe the typical Trade Target type things on here. I don't know why you are quoting me and then spewing this stuff, but try reading next time before you post.

I didn't realize he'd cost us a pick. That makes it a tougher call for me. But I'd still get in on this if his price comes into range. Our lineup would be very strong with him in it, and it gives us flexibility and depth at three positions.

What pick? The 24th round? What are the ods that willl work out? IMO Swisher will help the Orioles now and there's no telling what the 24th round pick will do.

The FO needs to take a chance and Duquette needs to stop shopping at the Dollar Store.

What pick? The 24th round? What are the ods that willl work out? IMO Swisher will help the Orioles now and there's no telling what the 24th round pick will do.

The FO needs to take a chance and Duquette needs to stop shopping at the Dollar Store.

No. It is the 24th pick of the first round.

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Nick Swisher giving serious consideration to 4-year$52mm offer from Indians....preferred LAD,LAA,NYY because of wife acting but not avail

Looks like if the Os want him, they will have to overpay... so we can pretty much assume this is not happening...

whos next?

If he would sign for that here I would match it in a heartbeat. To me that isn't overpaying. Baltimore is closer to NY than Cleveland is. I have wanted him all along but had no interest if it got to a 5yr 65M plus type deal. I don't think that is a crazy deal at all myself.

He is not a First Baseman. And I don't think we need a DH. At those numbers, he would have to do more than just put up 2/3 of his last 4 years production to even make any sense. And he won't.

Would he be worse at first than Davis, who right now we are planning on going with?

Archived