Joe Saunders update

wildcard

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Draft pick compensation (like Paul said). I like Lohse, though. Going to be interesting to see how many years he gets with the lack of public interest in him so far.

Loshe should have taken the 1/13M StL made him. He's not getting a 3/4 year deal, and I doubt teams will give up a pick to sign him to a 1/2 year deal. I bet he winds up back in StL on a 1 year deal for less than 13M. They may go 2.

Loshe should have taken the 1/13M StL made him. He's not getting a 3/4 year deal, and I doubt teams will give up a pick to sign him to a 1/2 year deal. I bet he winds up back in StL on a 1 year deal for less than 13M. They may go 2.

Boras is his guy right? We won't get him if so.

Well, they already have Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia, Lynn, and Westbrook penciled in with Shelby Miller, Joe Kelly, and Trevor Rosenthal ready to go if any of them get injured.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the LA teams sign him once his demands will ultimately come down.

Is that more for economics or are the Orioles still reluctant to deal with Boras?

Boras clients are bad deals. Always. The only Boras deals that ever come close to working for the club are the ones on a one year attempt to build future value. All Boras deal hurt the teams that make them. With the exception I mentioned.

Boras clients are bad deals. Always. The only Boras deals that ever come close to working for the club are the ones on a one year attempt to build future value. All Boras deal hurt the teams that make them. With the exception I mentioned.

Varitek and Weaver say Hi!

Of course in both those cases the player told Boras that he wished to stay with his current team.

Archived