It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

In the spirit of the New Year 2013, a year in which we have some hope that our Baltimore Orioles will be able to compete once again for a playoff spot, I'm offering up "amnesty" for anyone who has been banned from the Hangout for just about any reason over the years.

All you need to do is send me an e-mail at publisher-oh[at]orioleshangout.com and let me know you would like to come back and that you will follow all posted rules. Please also include the handle that you would like unbanned.

Please do not do this if you just intend to cause trouble once again. I believe in new beginnings and that everyone deserves a second chance, but the same behavior will just be grounds for a lifetime ban.

I hope everyone has a great 2013 and let's hope the O's will give us as much to cheer for as they did in 2012!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the spirit of the New Year 2013, a year in which we have some hope that our Baltimore Orioles will be able to compete once again for a playoff spot, I'm offering up "amnesty" for anyone who has been banned from the Hangout for just about any reason over the years.

All you need to do is send me an e-mail at publisher-oh[at]orioleshangout.com and let me know you would like to come back and that you will follow all posted rules. Please also include the handle that you would like unbanned.

Please do not do this if you just intend to cause trouble once again. I believe in new beginnings and that everyone deserves a second chance, but the same behavior will just be grounds for a lifetime ban.

I hope everyone has a great 2013 and let's hope the O's will give us as much to cheer for as they did in 2012!

Happy New Year.

There are certainly some who were banned who check it out still. I think it's a great gesture but I also think there needs to be more of this attitude (taking the high road) to prevent bans from happening in the first place. A lot of good posters have been banned over the years.

I think Tony is pretty patient with the ban hammer. People can be opinionated, and sometimes flat out aggressive in the defense of their opinions, and it isn't until they cross a certain point in that aggression that he bans them.

Archived