It's a New Year, let's turn the page here at the Hangout!

Tony-OH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are plenty of awful places to post. Tony's method has kept this place pretty clean and interesting for a long time.

I think the above is the main point for me.

While its true we've lost some members who were incredibly knowledgeable about baseball - SportsGuy comes to mind - they were usually either serial violators of the rules or they left on their own accord because they believed the place was too tightly moderated. While I miss some of the insight they brought - I don't miss the drama, the whining, the pettiness and the repetition of the same old arguments ad nauseam. As someone above mentioned - sports can stir up a lot of passion and emotion - because of that I like that the site has the kind of moderation that it has.

The offer of amnesty is more than fair. I hope some people take advantage of it (and I hope others don't).

A blast from the past is coming back. Heck, even I was surprised at this one.

BTW, I would like to put this one out there: If there is one poster I wish would come back it was the poster Alsigko. I completely screwed up during a back and forth with him and honestly, he's the one guy I've always felt bad that left. So Al, if you are out there, I'm sorry. Stop by and say hello.

BTW, I would like to put this one out there: If there is one poster I wish would come back it was the poster Alsigko. I completely screwed up during a back and forth with him and honestly, he's the one guy I've always felt bad that left. So Al, if you are out there, I'm sorry. Stop by and say hello.

Tony, you are getting so mellow! You must have watched It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol back to back last week! I mean, even Scrooge could be reformed, right?

Maybe now is a good time to ask you to rescind the negative rep point you gave me for disagreeing with you about Fio.... ;)

Tony, you are getting so mellow! You must have watched It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol back to back last week! I mean, even Scrooge could be reformed, right?

Maybe now is a good time to ask you to rescind the negative rep point you gave me for disagreeing with you about Fio.... ;)

Haha, that's funny. The only negative rep points you probably ever got and that was because you basically told me I was crazy for not have Fio higher! Too funny! I'm pretty sure the hundreds I've given you over the years evened it out a bit! ;)

I remember Alsigko. VERY good poster. IIRC was the PA announcer or something with the Ironbirds.

Haha, that's funny. The only negative rep points you probably ever got and that was because you basically told me I was crazy for not have Fio higher! Too funny! I'm pretty sure the hundreds I've given you over the years evened it out a bit! ;)

I don't hold a grudge....long.....

Fio is still hanging around, sort of. He spent most of the year playing in the Atlantic League. By the way, Val Majewski is still playing too, in the Texas organization. He looked like he was going to be a ballplayer prior to tearing his labrum.

Guest DixieBird

I hope Tony decides to let me back with my original SouthernBird handle. Of course we had a bit of a spat over moderators which is why I was banned for life but I have always loved this place and for you old timers you should remember that for a while I actually did the updates on the board for Tony and was happy to do it. After all the losing seasons it would be great to return with my REAL handle. Tony, I apologize for causing a fuss way back when but I did have a strong opinion at the time. But like everything else, time washes away quite a bit. Go O's!

Archived