Bedard unlikely to be traded by opener

wildcard

I'd like to make a deal like everyone else and get this re-building in full swing, but I'm not going to settle for a lesser package.

Bedard's stats are outstanding. I don't know how we are to look at his stats last year and accept a lesser package. ERA under 3.2, over 200 Ks.

I have faith in AM, but I sure would like to know the offers involved. I like Morrow a lot, but, to me, the key to these deals are players three and four. If guys like Tillman, Triunfel and Butler are involved, I'd be very interested in making the deal.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case you haven't noticed, Bedard has a new pitching coach. And you don't think that has the potential to make a difference (negatively) at all? That's a joke. :rolleyes:

You said that Bedard will ignore him, so no, I don't think he can make a difference if a pouting Bedard ignores him. You get the double eye roll.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get your story straight, stop switching your arguments ... you are getting pounded in this argument, left, right, left ... ;)

I'd like to make a deal like everyone else and get this re-building in full swing, but I'm not going to settle for a lesser package.

Bedard's stats are outstanding. I don't know how we are to look at his stats last year and accept a lesser package. ERA under 3.2, over 200 Ks.

I have faith in AM, but I sure would like to know the offers involved. I like Morrow a lot, but, to me, the key to these deals are players three and four. If guys like Tillman, Triunfel and Butler are involved, I'd be very interested in making the deal.

Hoosiers ... stop using common sense, for the last time the sky is falling.

What a wonderful story to read first thing in the morning!

* Millar is batting cleanup for us this year.

* Mora is being a #%*& as usual.

* We traded one of our "best" chips for quantity, not quality

* Our biggest free agent signing is an oft-injured backup catcher

* Redman and L. Hernandez/Bynum/Fahey will make up our starting lineup and bench

* And Bedard is now unlikely to be traded

I don't care if there's three teams picking before us in the draft next year. WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL. The fact that there's people defending the FO's idiocy is absolutely absurd.

"Out of quantity comes quality" according to the legend Branch Rickey.

Luke Scott is arguably a better hitter than Miggy right now.

Patton, Albers and Sarfate may all contribute to the staff this year.

Every team had a shot at Tejada. There wasn't much interest.

I agree about Mora, Millar. But, it isn't Opening Day yet.

About EB being here on OD- do you believe everything that GM's say this time of year ? Do you beleive everything that you read in the paper ?

Hoosiers ... stop using common sense, for the last time the sky is falling.

I'm not freaking out like some people, but it is really frustrating when all the things that were said earlier in the winter were that it was time for big changes.

Then we hear that there is a chance Hernandez is our starting shortstop, Redman is in CF, and Millar is batting 4th. I understand it's December, and that Trembley is just discussing what we have right now. I got it.

I'm sorry if I'm a little skeptical about this team. 10 years of incompetence has to make you a little skeptical doesn't it?

I'm not running around screaming the sky is falling, but I'm very concerned that the team we have right now could be very similar to the one that is out there on Opening Day.

You said that Bedard will ignore him, so no, I don't think he can make a difference if a pouting Bedard ignores him. You get the double eye roll.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get your story straight, stop switching your arguments ... you are getting pounded in this argument, left, right, left ... ;)

Just put two and two togther, Bedard is tipping pitches possibly or alters his delivery because he is experiencing some discomfort. Kranitz points this out to him, but he continues to do his thing, thinking he can work it out on his own, meanwhile he has a 5.00-6.00 ERA going into July with tons of walks. Guess how awesome his trade value will be July 31st?

This is a very likely scenario, whether you choose to believe it or not. Chris Ray who dominated hitters in 2006 and who we should have traded before the season started, suddenly forgot how to pitch from the stretch and got lit up like a Christmas tree. The same type thing could happen to Bedard. There are too many variables that have changed to ensure that he's going to pick up where he left off last season.

* Redman and L. Hernandez/Bynum/Fahey will make up our starting lineup and bench

I don't care if there's three teams picking before us in the draft next year. WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL. The fact that there's people defending the FO's idiocy is absolutely absurd.

Ain't that right. While I'm gonna give MacPhail a full year before jumping to conclusions it's definitely not looking good, though I'm happy with the Tejada trade.

But yeah, you can't polish a turd. Ugh.

I'm not freaking out like some people, but it is really frustrating when all the things that were said earlier in the winter were that it was time for big changes.

Then we hear that there is a chance Hernandez is our starting shortstop, Redman is in CF, and Millar is batting 4th. I understand it's December, and that Trembley is just discussing what we have right now. I got it.

I'm sorry if I'm a little skeptical about this team. 10 years of incompetence has to make you a little skeptical doesn't it?

I'm not running around screaming the sky is falling, but I'm very concerned that the team we have right now could be very similar to the one that is out there on Opening Day.

This is a very well stated argument and I share your concerns ... but the fact remains that we are not at Opening Day so we have to take a wait and see approach. Of course, if no trades go down we will have a endless supply of I told you sos and if we do see a flurry of trades we will hear how they weren't good enough.

Just put two and two togther, Bedard is tipping pitches possibly or alters his delivery because he is experiencing some discomfort. Kranitz points this out to him, but he continues to do his thing, thinking he can work it out on his own, meanwhile he has a 5.00-6.00 ERA going into July with tons of walks. Guess how awesome his trade value will be July 31st?

This is a very likely scenario, whether you choose to believe it or not. Chris Ray who dominated hitters in 2006, suddenly forgot how to pitch from the stretch and got lit up like a Christmas tree. The same type thing could happen to Bedard. There are too many variables that have changed to ensure that he's going to pick up where he left off last season.

So you are putting this scenario at about 60%? Ha! Down goes JTrea, down goes JTrea ... the undisputed winner of this fight is Fairfax Bird. This is downright funny. A guy with a career ERA around four who has an ERA around 3.35 for the last two years has a 60% chance of having an ERA around 5.00 or 6.00. Terrible logic.

BTW, when you put two and two together do you get 321?

If thats what people want out there, just to keep Bedard, then so be it.

What I don't get, Chaos, is if you believe we are so bad, and we are certainly not very good, how do you expect our FO to create lemonade out of melons?

For instance, you complain about signing a FA backup catcher, but I believe a large, large majority of the board wants us to avoid LT commitments to FAs at this point. So what's the beef with that?

This team will likely be among the worst in baseball for two more seasons. That's the situation AM inherited - guys like Mora, Millar, etc.

This will not be fixed overnight. These fixes require patience.

Bedard doesn't have as much value to other teams as he does to us.

I am not so sure I agree. Bedard is exactly the type of pitcher that can make a contender a winner. A lefty at age 28 who just posted 200+ K's is of great value to a team that needs a top of the rotation guy. I think McPhail is basing his value off of the experiences he has had and I don't doubt him.

With that said, I agree with you that if we could get two for one, we should do it. But it depends on the two. Adam Jones and Morrow would be the right deal. Jones and just about anyone else is not worth it because of what Bedard brings to the table for us now. If we can get a SP that projects well, and an above average position player like Jones, McPhail should do it. But if he thinks that he can get more for Bedard in January, or even at the trade deadline, then I think he should wait. The only dilemma is that if you trade him now, you get players who are ready for the big leagues. If you wait until the trade deadline, you get minor leaguers only. Not an easy decision, but I trust McPhail.

What I don't get, Chaos, is if you believe we are so bad, and we are certainly not very good, how do you expect our FO to create lemonade out of melons?

For instance, you complain about signing a FA backup catcher, but I believe a large, large majority of the board wants us to avoid LT commitments to FAs at this point. So what's the beef with that?

This team will likely be among the worst in baseball for two more seasons. That's the situation AM inherited - guys like Mora, Millar, etc.

Id rather wait 2 more seasons then ten more seasons when we decide to blow it up again.

Don't tell me, show me!!!!

That's all the O's have done is talk talk talk, but what do we have to show for it, one deal. People say be patient, I've been patient for 10 years now! Now it's more waiting, wait until the trade deadline, wait until the season is over, wait until the GM meetings, wait until the winter meetings, wait until the holidays are over! What are we waiting for??? The more waiting there is the more I think most of these guys are going to be around for spring training. I keep hearing that we are going to rebuild and my reply is

Don't tell me, show me!!!

I could be patient if I was hearing that we weren't making deals because we aren't getting good enough packages. But the packages are good, and we are just being unreasonable. Therefore I have no patience with unreasonable people.

Trades should have been made yesterday so we can get on with fixing the other things. Instead we are waiting on these two trades of Roberts and Bedard and doing nothing else in the meantime.

Archived