Apologies..

MemorialStadKid

Happy New Year everyone.

I want to take this time to extend a hearty apology to Tony OH, weams and anyone else who was bothered by the incidents of the last week. I did not mean to create an issue and I am glad that Tony OH and weams were able to talk to me offline to fix this situation.

I purchased a Plus Membership for 2013 so that folks can see that I was not attempting to evade payment.

I want to make it clear that I did not have 25 aliases nor was I signing in and out of different usernames anytime recently. I did have another name in the past and that will never be accessed again.

I did not appreciate being called "sick," "douche," and all the other childish names I was called, but I will let it go and not retaliate in any way. I think Moose put up a cute little video of a martial arts fight.

Funny.

That said, I will admit that I have stirred the pot at times because of my frustration with the inactivity of PA, AM and the current Orioles FO. However, that is absolutely no reason for the negativity aimed at me. I have shrugged it off in the past, and will continue to do so, but a lot of the beefs here have been a two-way street.

I want to be civil, I want to have discussions, I want to be cool with the folks here.

Be respectful of me, and I will be 100% respectful of you. Attack me with snark, don't expect me to ignore it forever.

Dark Helmet, Johnny2K, and the others who defended me, you did nothing wrong guys. Thanks for your support. I only want to see the Orioles do well.

May 2013 be excellent, peaceful, prosperous and filled with love for you and your families.

Best,

MSK

p.s. We'll see how long it takes for someone to give this a "1-star" rating.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never took issues with you or your stance. I agreed with them a lot of the time. Anyone who takes things on a message board so seriously, that they resort to childish name calling, you have to wonder who's the ones with the "issues".

Welcome back.

Thank you. It is much appreciated.

Things got a little out of hand quickly, but weams and Tony OH and I worked it all out.

MSK

Happy New Year everyone.

I want to take this time to extend a hearty apology to Tony OH, weams and anyone else who was bothered by the incidents of the last week. I did not mean to create an issue and I am glad that Tony OH and weams were able to talk to me offline to fix this situation.

I purchased a Plus Membership for 2013 so that folks can see that I was not attempting to evade payment.

I want to make it clear that I did not have 25 aliases nor was I signing in and out of different usernames anytime recently. I did have another name in the past and that will never be accessed again.

I did not appreciate being called "sick," "douche," and all the other childish names I was called, but I will let it go and not retaliate in any way. I think Moose put up a cute little video of a martial arts fight.

Funny.

That said, I will admit that I have stirred the pot at times because of my frustration with the inactivity of PA, AM and the current Orioles FO. However, that is absolutely no reason for the negativity aimed at me. I have shrugged it off in the past, and will continue to do so, but a lot of the beefs here have been a two-way street.

I want to be civil, I want to have discussions, I want to be cool with the folks here.

Be respectful of me, and I will be 100% respectful of you. Attack me with snark, don't expect me to ignore it forever.

Dark Helmet, Johnny2K, and the others who defended me, you did nothing wrong guys. Thanks for your support. I only want to see the Orioles do well.

May 2013 be excellent, peaceful, prosperous and filled with love for you and your families.

Best,

MSK

p.s. We'll see how long it takes for someone to give this a "1-star" rating.

I think you will be treated better than you suspect if you turn the other cheek at time or two. Welcome Back.

I think you will be treated better than you suspect if you turn the other cheek at time or two. Welcome Back.

We all want the same thing. We have differing opinions on how to get therr. But we all want to hear our Baltimore Orioles come after World Champion.

We are all for the most part O's fans. I think the thing that gets lost is that although we don't competely agree on everything. To a point we agree on most things. Most of us want management to spend more money, sign free agents, make trades to make the team a consistent World Series contender. We are just fans, we have to realize that we don't know most of what goes on about owning, running, coaching a major league team. Did I want Hamilton, yes, but I understand that we have a limited budget, we are not and will never be the Yankmees, Dodgers, Red Sux etc.... We just can't afford to pay one player 25% of our payroll and continue to field a quality team. Doing so will mean other players will have to be let go, traded to stay with in payroll constraints. I agree with you that we can/should be spending money this off season. BUT I will leave it to those who know alot more then me to make the right decisions for the team. The offseason isn't over. We don't know what DD has in mind or what he has planned. He could have trades in the works, waiting for certain players to sign. He could be waiting for ST to start to showcase some of our SP's to better increase their value. Guess what I'm trying to say is be a fan, enjoy what we have. Don't worry about the things you can't control.

We all want the same thing. We have differing opinions on how to get therr. But we all want to hear our Baltimore Orioles come after World Champion.

I don't know when you joined up, but you should have seen the wars here from 2007-2009 - especially the Mark Tex explosion. Things got nasty on all sides.

MSK

I don't know when you joined up, but you should have seen the wars here from 2007-2009 - especially the Mark Tex explosion. Things got nasty on all sides.

MSK

I disagree. The community got harpooned by forces that had nothing to do with the Orioles. Or even baseball. But you have your opinion. It is very clear that it was never Mike Flanagan or Andy MacPhail that wanted to keep the Orioles "cheep". It was simply a delusion that that was even a possibility. And if you choose to be an Oriole fan, it is probably a given that we have this to deal with until the owner rides into that last sunset.

Different opinons ar fine and I guess you're entitled to drone on as much as you want about something that isn't realistically going to change. Until you stop playing the game that people who are realists about the situation are Angelos apologist's and somehow inferior to you because of it, I doubt much will change with respect to a lot of peoples attitudes about your style and tactics. So, sorry to break up the love fest. No apology necessary and it unfortunately fell short of what the core issue with you actually is...... imo.

Different opinons ar fine and I guess you're entitled to drone on as much as much a you want about something that isn't realistically going to change. Until you stop playing the game that people who are realists about the situation are Angelos apologist's and somehow inferior to you because of it, I doubt much will change with respect to a lot of peoples attitudes about your style and tactics. So, sorry to break up the love fest. No apology necessary and it unfortunately fell short of what the core issue with you actually is...... imo.

I agree with all of this.

Different opinons ar fine and I guess you're entitled to drone on as much as much a you want about something that isn't realistically going to change. Until you stop playing the game that people who are realists about the situation are Angelos apologist's and somehow inferior to you because of it, I doubt much will change with respect to a lot of peoples attitudes about your style and tactics. So, sorry to break up the love fest. No apology necessary and it unfortunately fell short of what the core issue with you actually is...... imo.

There's a huge difference between realists and apologists.

Realists are willing to discuss the reality that we don't have to be broke.

Apologists behave as if we cannot compete with other teams in terms of money.

And of course, you have to come along and make things unpleasant. That's your right I suppose.

MSK

There's a huge difference between realists and apologists.

Realists are willing to discuss the reality that we don't have to be broke.

Apologists behave as if we cannot compete with other teams in terms of money.

And of course, you have to come along and make things unpleasant. That's your right I suppose.

MSK

That's the beauty. It really is. If we are giving up the "T" word, we are probably giving up the "A" word.

You guys just can't be civil can you?

Now a lot of folks can see that I am not the aggressor at all times like I've been portrayed.

MSK

Seems civil to me. Just a disagreement. And no one is protraying anything. The guy who exploded over Tex came to a Hangout night and did not even say hello, to anyone. I knew who he was and appraoched him. Out behind the curtain, the young man seemed ok.

I disagree. The community got harpooned by forces that had nothing to do with the Orioles. Or even baseball. But you have your opinion. It is very clear that it was never Mike Flanagan or Andy MacPhail that wanted to keep the Orioles "cheep". It was simply a delusion that that was even a possibility. And if you choose to be an Oriole fan, it is probably a given that we have this to deal with until the owner rides into that last sunset.

I am referring to the constant negative back and forth that was far more common during that two year period. There were some good arguments but a lot of insanity at that point in time.

MSK

Archived