Apologies..

MemorialStadKid

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am referring to the constant negative back and forth that was far more common during that two year period. There were some good arguments but a lot of insanity at that point in time.

MSK

Dude you crack me up I think you make the oh a good place but you need to learn when to let things be and some of the posters just want the last word. They try to get you to restate your argument. Remember not always the last post wins its whose argument is better and contrary to popular belief in an interesting subject people do read the whole thread :). Have a good new year man.

All opinions are not created equal. Some are informed, some are common. Some are researched, others are off the cuff. Some are indignant, a few, open minded. Some are expert. Others make believe. It takes a lot of heart to be an Oriole fan. And many here have heart.

There's a huge difference between realists and apologists.

Realists are willing to discuss the reality that we don't have to be broke.

Apologists behave as if we cannot compete with other teams in terms of money.

And of course, you have to come along and make things unpleasant. That's your right I suppose.

MSK

Realists understand that PA isn't going to spend the money you (and probably all of us) would like him top spend. That doesn't make us apologists. But I understand that's part of your game and you have to hold onto it. Nothing has changed. Sorry to make things "unpleasant" for you.

Glad to see u back MSK... I had some difficulties early on here. My best advice is to take a while to respond when you feel offended. That will prevent a harsh response that will cause you aggravation here. I believe certain posters will continue to bait you to get the negative response because your past actions say you will react. Don't play into it... It doesn't get you anywhere. You will never get those posters to admit your idea is better. I believe it's ok to call Angelos out for being cheap and running the birds like a small market club. With that said not everyone will agree. My favorite part of the hangout is understanding that everyone has a idea of what he Os should do to get better. If we all agreed on everything I would quit posting out of boredom. Lastly and it will help with the push back...research facts before saying something that is not correct. Guys love calling you out when you misquote or state something as fact that ou can't prove or are incorrect about.

JohnnyK27

Different opinions are fine, and I guess you're entitled to drone on as much as you want about something that isn't realistically going to change. Until you stop playing the game that people who are realists about the situation are Angelos apologist's and somehow inferior to you because of it, I doubt much will change with respect to a lot of peoples attitudes about your style and tactics. So, sorry to break up the love fest. No apology necessary and it unfortunately fell short of what the core issue with you actually is ...... imo.

I think that you're probably correct.

Glad to see u back MSK... I had some difficulties early on here. My best advice is to take a while to respond when you feel offended. That will prevent a harsh response that will cause you aggravation here. I believe certain posters will continue to bait you to get the negative response because your past actions say you will react. Don't play into it... It doesn't get you anywhere. You will never get those posters to admit your idea is better. I believe it's ok to call Angelos out for being cheap and running the birds like a small market club. With that said not everyone will agree. My favorite part of the hangout is understanding that everyone has a idea of what he Os should do to get better. If we all agreed on everything I would quit posting out of boredom. Lastly and it will help with the push back...research facts before saying something that is not correct. Guys love calling you out when you misquote or state something as fact that ou can't prove or are incorrect about.

JohnnyK27

Yes, you're correct on that.

I had missed that a few free agents had gotten signed because I literally hadn't checked MLB Rumors before I posted. They had a field day about that.

MSK

Be careful OFFNY, my comment was an "unescessary attack" and now that MSK has had his Wheaties he's in a neg repping mood.

You obviously can't stand MSK, so rather than antagonise, why not just ignore him? He made an apology and you basically told him to shove it. Why should he change his attitude towards you, if you aren't willing to let things go?

I really, really like this site - it's extremely informative, and reading board posts has taught me a lot. Moreover, the OH has given me a casual writing outlet of sorts (my job doesn't lend itself to waxing...anything, really) (which I suppose is a good thing, given the age/exercise habits of some of my co-workers...).

All that being said, threads like this just...shouldn't exist. I mean, there's just no reason. I've certainly experienced my fair share of blustering, "angry" moments on the internet, but I simply can't understand how/why this much drama (of an almost scripted, reality TV-esque variety) becomes tied to the use of a message board.

MSK, welcome back to this electronic, ephemeral, non-location "on" the interwebs. Now...please abandon your vinegar-tinged, unnecessary apologies and...talk some baseball?

This is the myth you and this guy try to perpetuate. There is no one on this board who is happy if Angelos can afford a 150M payroll and we are only spending 90M. NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No One. Not even those who work for the Orioles.

Archived