Apologies..

MemorialStadKid

BTW, it wasn't much of an apology. Basically, you admit to stirring the pot, pissing people off, BUT you don't like it when they express there displeasure to you about it. Whaaaaa! Whaaaaaa! That's your apology?

I admit that I had done some wrong things in the past.

I also am aware that folks have gone a bit too far in their displeasure. There's a way to disagree without being violently disagreeable.

MSK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the myth you and this guy try to perpetuate. There is no one on this board who is happy if Angelos can afford a 150M payroll and we are only spending 90M. NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then how come some will find every excuse in the book for reasons to not sign someone? He's either too fat, not worth the years or money, or an ex-addict. No ones ever good enough or worth giving money to, unless he's one of their own.

Happy New Year everyone.

I want to take this time to extend a hearty apology to Tony OH, weams and anyone else who was bothered by the incidents of the last week. I did not mean to create an issue and I am glad that Tony OH and weams were able to talk to me offline to fix this situation.

I purchased a Plus Membership for 2013 so that folks can see that I was not attempting to evade payment.

I want to make it clear that I did not have 25 aliases nor was I signing in and out of different usernames anytime recently. I did have another name in the past and that will never be accessed again.

I did not appreciate being called "sick," "douche," and all the other childish names I was called, but I will let it go and not retaliate in any way. I think Moose put up a cute little video of a martial arts fight.

Funny.

That said, I will admit that I have stirred the pot at times because of my frustration with the inactivity of PA, AM and the current Orioles FO. However, that is absolutely no reason for the negativity aimed at me. I have shrugged it off in the past, and will continue to do so, but a lot of the beefs here have been a two-way street.

I want to be civil, I want to have discussions, I want to be cool with the folks here.

Be respectful of me, and I will be 100% respectful of you. Attack me with snark, don't expect me to ignore it forever.

Dark Helmet, Johnny2K, and the others who defended me, you did nothing wrong guys. Thanks for your support. I only want to see the Orioles do well.

May 2013 be excellent, peaceful, prosperous and filled with love for you and your families.

Best,

MSK

p.s. We'll see how long it takes for someone to give this a "1-star" rating.

MSK, I did disagree with you about the FO. But I never did attack

you or anyone else that shared your views. I

hope you hang around. Happy New Year.

All opinions are not created equal. Some are informed, some are common. Some are researched, others are off the cuff. Some are indignant, a few, open minded. Some are expert. Others make believe. It takes a lot of heart to be an Oriole fan. And many here have heart.

Agree 100% - what has been unsaid is the degradation of the threads when personal attacks, name-calling, etc take over.

Perhaps some of the threads should have been shut down earlier and posters warned about being given a holiday sooner.

Folks need to attempt to be big boys and sort things out in PMs instead of hashing out being personally offended (and defended) in a thread.

I hope MSK becomes a strong contributor to OH in 2013, but I hope he is on a short leash.

I really, really like this site - it's extremely informative, and reading board posts has taught me a lot. Moreover, the OH has given me a casual writing outlet of sorts (my job doesn't lend itself to waxing...anything, really) (which I suppose is a good thing, given the age/exercise habits of some of my co-workers...).

All that being said, threads like this just...shouldn't exist. I mean, there's just no reason. I've certainly experienced my fair share of blustering, "angry" moments on the internet, but I simply can't understand how/why this much drama (of an almost scripted, reality TV-esque variety) becomes tied to the use of a message board.

MSK, welcome back to this electronic, ephemeral, non-location "on" the interwebs. Now...please abandon your vinegar-tinged, unnecessary apologies and...talk some baseball?

The apology was for a situation that happened a few days ago.

I wanted to bury the hatchet. Some folks refuse to let it stay buried.

MSK

Different opinons ar fine and I guess you're entitled to drone on as much as you want about something that isn't realistically going to change. Until you stop playing the game that people who are realists about the situation are Angelos apologist's and somehow inferior to you because of it, I doubt much will change with respect to a lot of peoples attitudes about your style and tactics. So, sorry to break up the love fest. No apology necessary and it unfortunately fell short of what the core issue with you actually is...... imo.

I don't get how this isn't civil. I agree with it.

I also do not see how your OP was an apology. I get irritated when you come in here and post the same stuff over and over, to intentionally get people fired up, then avoid logic and/or questions directed at you. If you can stop doing this, and quit posting the same thing that isn't grounded in reality (as others have said), we can get along. If you continue to do this, we won't. And I'm not going to be quiet about it.

This isn't snark, and I'm not attacking you. So please don't respond as such. Its advice.

This is the myth you and this guy try to perpetuate. There is no one on this board who is happy if Angelos can afford a 150M payroll and we are only spending 90M. NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get it....just don't hold it against anyone to complain about it. I'm understand certain guys don't like the complaining. But he has a right to voice that opinion here. If you don't want to hear it ignore his post or put him on ignore. Problem would be solved without all the drama. I hate the dont send any money , don't trade any of our prospects, and go with a platoon DH that consists of Pearce, Betemit, Valencia, and Conor Jackson. It stinks of a agenda that isn't best for a team that needs better players.

I don't get how this isn't civil. I agree with it.

I also do not see how your OP was an apology. I get irritated when you come in here and post the same stuff over and over, to intentionally get people fired up, then avoid logic and/or questions directed at you. If you can stop doing this, and quit posting the same thing that isn't grounded in reality (as others have said), we can get along. If you continue to do this, we won't. And I'm not going to be quiet about it.

This isn't snark, and I'm not attacking you. So please don't respond as such. Its advice.

I get what you're saying.

The stuff I've repeated isn't a fantasy. The Orioles aren't broke.

MSK

I get it....just don't hold it against anyone to complain about it. I'm understand certain guys don't like the complaining. But he has a right to voice that opinion here. If you don't want to hear it ignore his post or put him on ignore. Problem would be solved without all the drama. I hate they dont send any money , don't trade any of our prospects, and go with a platoon DH that consists of Pearce, Betemit, Valencia, and Conor Jackson. It stinks of a agenda that isn't best for a team that needs better players.

That's where things get bizarre. There ARE people here still saying we should stand pat in a world where Toronto has passed us and the Red Sox are aggressively retooling.

I still don't understand what league we're all watching and if we're seeing the same things.

MSK

Did he just neg rep u today?

If not why are you trolling an apology thread. Can't we all just get along?

Yes, and I believe the words "troll/trolliing" are off limits. Posters are apparently being penalized for that, so you may want to be careful. Condoning BS is not my idea of getting along. Sorry. I've said my piece and was very specific about it. You want to comment/disagree about what I said, then fine. Skip the sermon.

I get it....just don't hold it against anyone to complain about it. I'm understand certain guys don't like the complaining. But he has a right to voice that opinion here. If you don't want to hear it ignore his post or put him on ignore. Problem would be solved without all the drama. I hate the dont send any money , don't trade any of our prospects, and go with a platoon DH that consists of Pearce, Betemit, Valencia, and Conor Jackson. It stinks of a agenda that isn't best for a team that needs better players.

It's not the complaining (though that is annoying when it's non stop) it's the fact that anyone who understands that the payroll won't increase is just an Angelos apologist, in his mind.

Then how come some will find every excuse in the book for reasons to not sign someone? He's either too fat, not worth the years or money, or an ex-addict. No ones ever good enough or worth giving money to, unless he's one of their own.
Top Free agents are not usually a efficient use of resources. I think everyone would agree that the Orioles can never be the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels or Dodgers.

Yes, and I believe the words "troll/trolliing" are off limits. Posters are apparently being penalized for that, so you may want to be careful. Condoning BS is not my idea of getting along. Sorry. I've said my piece and was very specific about it. You want to comment/disagree about what I said, then fine. Skip the sermon.

I didn't know about mentioning trolling was a problem.

@ Weams ...please let me know if there is a rule I'm not aware of.

I don't like a lot of BS either and these continued shenanigans are unnecessary. The guy apologized yet some aren't even happy with that. I didn't mean to offend you here. Ps I have wronged the right as my rep is worth more than MSKs.

@ MSK ...The rep system is a bad way to argue your point.

There's a huge difference between realists and apologists.

Realists are willing to discuss the reality that we don't have to be broke.

Apologists behave as if we cannot compete with other teams in terms of money.

And of course, you have to come along and make things unpleasant. That's your right I suppose.

MSK

Seeing the merit in building a team in different ways does not arbitrarily group people in a "realist" and "apologist" camp. We're not made of straw. This is the stuff that irritates people.

Moreover, calling someone a realist because they wish that the team exists paradigm of big spending is funny because, realistically speaking, it's not the current state of the Orioles. I contemplate the Orioles making cheap offseason moves because that's how they've operated for the past decade, but I digress...

Point: categorizing posters and their tendencies based on a narrow, and arbitrary criteria does not do anything to improved the discussions here, and does not help your case. There's nothing wrong with your opinions about the team, their activity (or inactivity), and your suggestions/wishes...but when that comes at turning community members into stereotypes, it's a problem...and insulting.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

Archived