Apologies..

MemorialStadKid

That's where things get bizarre. There ARE people here still saying we should stand pat in a world where Toronto has passed us and the Red Sox are aggressively retooling.

I still don't understand what league we're all watching and if we're seeing the same things.

MSK

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator12.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't answer for other people. You are trying to put everyone into ONE group. It's a case by case basis. I for one would not have had a problem signing Hamilton depending on our current payroll and payroll going forward. However, dealing with our stated budget (90-95M) has to be factored into a reasonable person's thinking. If we had a 150M payroll I would have been ok with going after Greinke. I have to deal with the reality that we don't have a 150M payroll. We were basically at or over our budget when the offseason started based on arbitration figures, like it nor not. We let Reynolds go and we might re-sign Saunders. That's the real world.

Your not wrong. I don't believe a 150M is realistic either. However, I do believe 115-120 is. And thats around the figure Hamilton would have had them at. I wasn't trying to group you into any one category. It's just a few think that going for buy low guys only is the way to go. Thats fine, I just don't agree with it. Hamilton or even Swisher was a realistic option the O's chose not to take. Especially Swisher.

I didn't know about mentioning trolling was a problem.

@ Weams ...please let me know if there is a rule I'm not aware of.

I don't like a lot of BS either and these continued shenanigans are unnecessary. The guy apologized yet some aren't even happy with that. I didn't mean to offend you here. Ps I have wronged the right as my rep is worth more than MSKs.

@ MSK ...The rep system is a bad way to argue your point.

Nope. No rule. But I would prefer if we were not so quick at the trigger to call someone that or to categorize anyone as an apologist either. I can't see that either is productive.

Yes, and I believe the words "troll/trolliing" are off limits. Posters are apparently being penalized for that, so you may want to be careful. Condoning BS is not my idea of getting along. Sorry. I've said my piece and was very specific about it. You want to comment/disagree about what I said, then fine. Skip the sermon.

*Bows gracefully*

You've said your piece.

Adieu.

MSK

I didn't know about mentioning trolling was a problem.

@ Weams ...please let me know if there is a rule I'm not aware of.

I don't like a lot of BS either and these continued shenanigans are unnecessary. The guy apologized yet some aren't even happy with that. I didn't mean to offend you here. Ps I have wronged the right as my rep is worth more than MSKs.

@ MSK ...The rep system is a bad way to argue your point.

I'lll say it again. I provided specific points what is wrong with MSK as a poster and his "apology". If you want to adress that fine, otherwise I don't see where we're going here. I'll continue to call him out as I see fit.

Top Free agents are not usually a efficient use of resources. I think everyone would agree that the Orioles can never be the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels or Dodgers.

Except that many teams that spend serious money tend to end up in the playoffs. We can point to the 2012 Marlins and Red Sox, post-2009, but Yankees, Tigers, White Sox, Angels, Rangers and Phillies spent money and had successful runs.

MSK

People who come on here and complain about our owner being cheap usually get shouted down. However, I understand where those people are coming from. Why complain about something you can't nor won't change.

It is not so much shouted down, but this is a place for more than just complaining. There are other places for rants. Most arguments about the payroll are founded in a scenario that does not exist for Orioles fans. As RZ stated. We would all love for Angelos to spend money that he obviously has. History would state that that is improbable.

It's not the complaining (though that is annoying when it's non stop) it's the fact that anyone who understands that the payroll won't increase is just an Angelos apologist, in his mind.

I don't think he believes that. You and I disagree often... I don't think the Orioles will truly return to glory until Peter Angelos is gone one way or another. I can't stand the constant non stop dumpster diving. I don't need to be told the all teams make these types of moves...But when that's all DD is doing then I have the right to complain. Listening to a certain poster argue about how great a platoon will work in every thread stinks too.

I'lll say it again. I provided specific points what is wrong with MSK as a poster and his "apology". If you want to adress that fine, otherwise I don't see where we're going here. I'll continue to call him out as I see fit.

What good does that do? How does it make things better?

MSK

I don't think he believes that. You and I disagree often... I don't think the Orioles will truly return to glory until Peter Angelos is gone one way or another. I can't stand the constant non stop dumpster diving. I don't need to be told the all teams make these types of moves...But when that's all DD is doing then I have the right to complain. Listening to a certain poster argue about how great a platoon will work in every thread stinks too.

I don't think he believes it either, which is why I have such a problem with him.

Top Free agents are not usually a efficient use of resources. I think everyone would agree that the Orioles can never be the Yankees, Red Sox, Angels or Dodgers.

I don't expect payrolls to be at those levels. But PA himself said MASN would allow them to compete financially with the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox. He has reneged on those comments, and has now drawn the wrath of some fans. PA himself knew the revenues a RSN would bring in and by all accounts is bringing in. It might be pointless to argue it over and over, but it's something that fans should be angry about. I'm sure most are. But a few do like to act as though its the way this team has to be run, not because the owner is cheap. I dont know if thats being an apologist or not. I don't know whats going on in their minds.

I don't believe that anyone who is realistic is an apologist.

It is when these awful moves are defended endlessly while other teams improve that folks seem like apologists. It's that simple.

The Orioles, as currently constructed, are on course for an awful season.

MSK

I'm not going anywhere .... Why not just let it go?

I don't believe that anyone who is realistic is an apologist.

It is when these awful moves are defended endlessly while other teams improve that folks seem like apologists. It's that simple.

The Orioles, as currently constructed, are on course for an awful season.

MSK

I don't think the team will be awful. I don't think they will be a 1st or 2nd place team though. Moves need to be made ...I hope they are in the works.

Archived