Roch: Tigers covet Hardy

ChaosLex

The O's are in right now mode also. Yankees and Red Sox are off from their normal elite status and Tampa just traded Shields. Meanwhile many of the O's player are reaching their prime. Time to go for it.

Yup. That's what I think of when I think of the O's off-season. "They are going for it!"

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any trade of Hardy should be step one of a three step plan with step two being to trade some of that haul and other players for a young third baseman and step three being to use the money saved on Hardy to overpay slightly on a free agent first baseman (Laroche). We aren't maximizing value playing Machado at third, this is the only reason Hardy should be traded.

Though I guess trading him for pitching could work if they think Saunders ends up elsewhere. I just don't see any free agent first basemen and I don't think Valencia is a starting third baseman, or is at least too much of a step down to merit such a trade.

Why sign LaRoche when he is pretty much the same player as Davis, just older and more expensive.

That'll do it! The last missing piece -- Morse!

Sounds sarcastic. However, Morse is a better MOO bat than Reynolds would have been. I was for re-signing Reynolds but if Morse is someone DD thinks he can get, I can see how he is trying to improve the team.

I think Flaherty would be the number one option at 3B if no 3B was received in the return. Also, Schoop may ultimately end up there in a few years anyways.

I think that's the way to go. And those moves might give Navarro a fighting chance to make the team - which I'd like to see.

Depends on the manager. Dave Trembley was never going to have one, but Buck is a whole other story.

I think Duquette has the final say, but he's got enough respect for Buck where he wouldn't trade a guy who Buck was dead-set on keeping without a very, very strong reason.

Sounds sarcastic. However, Morse is a better MOO bat than Reynolds would have been. I was for re-signing Reynolds but if Morse is someone DD thinks he can get, I can see how he is trying to improve the team.

+1. I understand Stotle's sarcasm with the lack of movement, but I don't get it with regard to Morse. If he stays healthy, he's a proven hitter who would be a great fit in Baltimore.

Archived