FSU(9-5) @ Maryland(13-1)

Munson

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I noted was how many times Len had balls slapped out of his hands after rebounds or when he got the ball. Hopefully he learned a lesson about playing better competition and going strong at all times while on the court. The Terps really went through that spell last night where they were dreadful, but it happens. They made a nice run late but like the Kentucky game, they just never seem to have a good plan to get off a good last second shot to tie the game. That's something Turgeon needs to work on.

It was disappointing because the Terps should have won that game last night, but in the ACC, their youthfulness will show at times and tonight was one of those times. Let's hope this is an aberration that that they learn from and it doesn't become a norm.

The one thing I noted was how many times Len had balls slapped out of his hands after rebounds or when he got the ball. Hopefully he learned a lesson about playing better competition and going strong at all times while on the court. The Terps really went through that spell last night where they were dreadful, but it happens. They made a nice run late but like the Kentucky game, they just never seem to have a good plan to get off a good last second shot to tie the game. That's something Turgeon needs to work on.

It was disappointing because the Terps should have won that game last night, but in the ACC, their youthfulness will show at times and tonight was one of those times. Let's hope this is an aberration that that they learn from and it doesn't become a norm.

Agreed. Len is much improved from last year but if he is taken at the top of the first round this year by an NBA team they will be very disappointed. He's got good size and does some things well but he gets very mechanical at times and isn't strong enough yet. If middling college players can frequently knock the ball away or block his shot on the way up, the monsters of the NBA will eat him alive.

I don't want to be too critical about 1 game but lets just say it wasn't coach T's finest game.

Agreed. Len is much improved from last year but if he is taken at the top of the first round this year by an NBA team they will be very disappointed. He's got good size and does some things well but he gets very mechanical at times and isn't strong enough yet. If middling college players can frequently knock the ball away or block his shot on the way up, the monsters of the NBA will eat him alive.

I don't want to be too critical about 1 game but lets just say it wasn't coach T's finest game.

Yeah, I felt like he allowed Florida State's run to go too long without calling a TO and changing players. As for Len, I agree on his lack of readiness for the NBA. I'll think he'll get there, but unless he makes major improvements by the end of the year, I don't see a guy that's strong enough yet for the NBA or even for the upper echelon of college basketball. He'll get there though.

Yeah, I felt like he allowed Florida State's run to go too long without calling a TO and changing players. As for Len, I agree on his lack of readiness for the NBA. I'll think he'll get there, but unless he makes major improvements by the end of the year, I don't see a guy that's strong enough yet for the NBA or even for the upper echelon of college basketball. He'll get there though.

I think that the biggest mistake that he made, and he mentioned this himself after the game, is that he subbed too much. He never allowed some of his starters to get into a rhythm and get out of their funk when they were playing poorly. I tend to think that this rotation is actually too big, but then I don't really know who I would leave out. I think it might just be a good idea to leave the starters in there for a longer time and then just let everyone else get their minutes when they come. Let the starters establish themselves and be the primary minute-earners, then let people come of the bench when the starters need a rest. It would definitely decrease the minutes of some of the younger guys but I think I'm ok with that if it means more development from the starters in the short run.

Archived