Orioles drop demand for Jay Bruce

ChaosLex

Toss out the EE thoughts. There's no point for either the O's or Reds to include him. He's their starting 3Bman, and his minor league stats show no reason to believe he has more upside than he's already shown in the majors. There's no point in adding an average 3Bman (below average defensively) to the trade when Cincy wants to keep him.

Exactly.

I would try packaging one of our better young arms to get the 2nd half of Bailey/Cueto. I also believe that Millar might have some short term value for the Reds if they let go of Votto.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly.

I would try packaging one of our better young arms to get the 2nd half of Bailey/Cueto. I also believe that Millar might have some short term value for the Reds if they let go of Votto.

Not a bad idea. They probably don't want to see him smooching up to the Red Sox either though... :mad:

Please, there is not going to be a fifth unless the Orioles are going to expand the deal. If we are getting back Bailey/Cueto, Votto and Stubbs it should get done. If we have been offered all 4 of those guys it should have been done yesterday

Actually, getting a fifth "throw in" kind of guy(neither Frazier or Cozart fit this)is just the kind of thing that AM is likely to do. He was able to do the same thing in an unconventional way with Traschel by getting Renshaw.

Besides, I believe Bigbird has said that we may be looking at shipping another arm back. Bigbird I appologize if I am wrong, but I believe the idea was someone like Cherry or F. Cabrera.

If the deal of Cueto or Bailey/Votto/Stubbs is actually on the table, MacPhail should be on it immediately. That's the kind of trade that revitalizes an organization.

Oh and the people who are saying we should add Millar to the package to try get back more are forgetting that the Reds have their own version of Millar: Hatteberg. So there's really no reason they would want Millar. Bradford, on the other hand, would have some real appeal for them, considering how his groundball ways would fit that park...

If the deal of Cueto or Bailey/Votto/Stubbs is actually on the table, MacPhail should be on it immediately. That's the kind of trade that revitalizes an organization.

Oh and the people who are saying we should add Millar to the package to try get back more are forgetting that the Reds have their own version of Millar: Hatteberg. So there's really no reason they would want Millar. Bradford, on the other hand, would have some real appeal for them, considering how his groundball ways would fit that park...

I would not add Millar to the deal, but I wonder if you could add a guy like Hoey and get back Maloney?

I really like Maloney's numbers, and would love for us to get him. So, how about a Bedard + Hoey for Bailey or Cueto + Votto + Stubbs + Maloney.

I think people on these message boards look way to hard at numbers these so called gurus come up with.I mean they are fat old men who probably never played a orgainzed game of baseball in there life.Or if they did they were the fat kids at the end of the bench that never go into any of games.I played coillege baseball at the D-1 level in college for 2 years and think I can judge talent when I see it.Saying this I have watched EE play in probably around 50 games over the last 3 years.Sure he was terrible his first year and not good his second year.But last year in the middle of the summer he improved greatly.You guys look at numbers way to much.I say go watch some of these palyers and see what you think.Over the time I have watched EE he has grown leaps and bounds both on the offensive end and the defensive end.But to say hes below average by looking at numbers that really mean nothing is totaly bull.Sure like I said he will never win a gold glove but he is much better than most people who have never watched him give him credit for.

Nothing personal, but what a load of garbage. Playing division 1 baseball for 2 years doesn't make you any more of an expert than my skinny 8 year old nephew. If you have an opinion, back it up with something better than that. If he's not below average and if he's improving by leaps and bounds, why are you so sure he won't win a gold glove?

Here is what we know about EE...The Reds sent him down because they were upset over his defense at third.

And after he came back up, he played much better and cut down on his errors so he definitely took the time to practice defense while at AAA and took those lessons back to the Reds with him.

I think people on these message boards look way to hard at numbers these so called gurus come up with.I mean they are fat old men who probably never played a orgainzed game of baseball in there life.Or if they did they were the fat kids at the end of the bench that never go into any of games.I played coillege baseball at the D-1 level in college for 2 years and think I can judge talent when I see it.Saying this I have watched EE play in probably around 50 games over the last 3 years.Sure he was terrible his first year and not good his second year.But last year in the middle of the summer he improved greatly.You guys look at numbers way to much.I say go watch some of these palyers and see what you think.Over the time I have watched EE he has grown leaps and bounds both on the offensive end and the defensive end.But to say hes below average by looking at numbers that really mean nothing is totaly bull.Sure like I said he will never win a gold glove but he is much better than most people who have never watched him give him credit for.

Did you ever make it to class? Nice spelling and grammar.

And after he came back up, he played much better and cut down on his errors so he definitely took the time to practice defense while at AAA and took those lessons back to the Reds with him.

And that's fine but let's not pretend he has been some great(or even good) defensive player...Improving yes and potentially pretty solid but not there yet.

Not that I care all that much, I would take him in a heartbeat.

Nothing personal, but what a load of garbage. Playing division 1 baseball for 2 years doesn't make you any more of an expert than my skinny 8 year old nephew. If you have an opinion, back it up with something better than that. If he's not below average and if he's improving by leaps and bounds, why are you so sure he won't win a gold glove?

You spoke my mind. However, I realize some people never miss an opportunity to pat themselves on the back.

And that's fine but let's not pretend he has been some great(or even good) defensive player...Improving yes and potentially pretty solid but not there yet.

Not that I care all that much, I would take him in a heartbeat.

I would prefer him to Stubbs in the deal you outlined in the other thread.

I would rather trade him for the best available offer, this off-season. Then hold him and get even less next off-season, or nothing when he walks. His value is the highest right now, no matter what we think he is worth, we will never get more for him than right now.

What if teams say, "We know you 'have' to get rid of Bedard, so we're going to offer a couple 'C' prospects and salary dumps"?

That's the problem with a blanket statement like, "We HAVE to trade Bedard, now." And it is why statements like MacPhail's about Bedard being our Opening Day starter are made.

We want to trade him, but we want to get something of equal/greater value to us in return.

What if teams say, "We know you 'have' to get rid of Bedard, so we're going to offer a couple 'C' prospects and salary dumps"?

That's the problem with a blanket statement like, "We HAVE to trade Bedard, now." And it is why statements like MacPhail's about Bedard being our Opening Day starter are made.

We want to trade him, but we want to get something of equal/greater value to us in return.

School's not out yet.... :P

Archived